1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing dvds

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by rtrg, Oct 29, 2007.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am sure this has been said often by others but now it*s my turn I have 3 common media players that ALL have the same problem when playing commercial dvds. Whenever they encounter a disc they don*t like an error message "CANNOT PLAY DVD> COPY PROTECTED" or similar appears. This of cource is random, I never know when a particular disc will be rejected. I resorted to useing the WINDOWS 321 PLAYER, that seems to like more discs than the others, PLAYER9, REAL 11, QUICK TIME 7. What, if any thing can be done to FIX these players? A software program, download yet another SPECIAL PLAYER? As an anology,I partnered my disc player with a 20 year old vcr so I could record the disc without adding unwatchable noice that is only present only there in record mode. Figure that one out! Why is it so complicated? On another note BOTH P9 AND QT are supposed to have the ability to open a web site like a browser, even the useless help pages say so! Buy of course that does NOT work either. Error message again "CANNOT FIND URL" or similar. Any FIX for that? Please speak ENGLISH in your reply, I am NOT a techno geek. rtrg. Thank*s in advance.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you could use vlc player i have never had any problems with this player