1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing dvix

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rihgt682, Jul 17, 2007.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

When i play dvix CD-R on my divx player it looks great on my TV. But when i watch it on my PC, the quilty is not good. Same with my mod xbox.

2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

still having that problem.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Quality is good or bad with the Xbox? What kind of TV? What kind of monitor on the PC?

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

It's regular TV, and it's a dell monitor. I don't see why that matters but like i said, Playing divx movies on my TV looks great but playing on my computer using windows media player or whatever has less quilty.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

It matters because a regular CRT hides artefacts, etc. (also detail) so lower quality sources look better on it, especially compared to an LCD monitor. With a high quality source though the CRT TV won't be able to display the extra details where as a PC monitor will. I mean VCD's were watchable on a CRT TV. Try watching them on a decent quality display.

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

It's a old regular LCD monitor. Not HD monitor or anything. But I remember awhile back i updated some divx program and the image was a lot better. I was wondering if i could do that by updating or getting some sort of program.

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well there is post processing to help remove macroblocks (the video is divided into blocks, the edges of which may appear more pronounced at lower bitrates) and mosquito noise (noise around the edge of objects). DivX, Xvid and ffdshow decoders all have post processing settings. Doesn't actually increase quality though, for instance some people prefer no post processing.