1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing games from xbox Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by LauLaw, Sep 30, 2003.

1. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Hi,

Ok what I am doing wrong? I'm copying a game, Soul Calibur 2, from the cd into my hard drive. I'm uploading it to the xbox hd. I put it in a folder, "games," I made. I edited the ini file according to that stoner, "DaSeaMonkey" (a joke), website. I try the execute command; Nothing. I try the launch feature in my evox, 3752; Nothing. I hear the xbox hd trying to load something but nothing's happening. Can someone lead a hand?

2. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Alright, I think it's just Soul Calibur 2 that's being bit$#%y. I tried burning it with no luck either. I tried copying some of my older games unto the xbox hd with no problems.
    Anyone know how to get Soul Calibur to work?

3. corc

corc Member

looks like you did a bad backup of soul calibur 2. I have it running no problem on my HDD and did a DVD Backup of it also.

I suggest you get HDDloader and it will install the game onto your HDD without the need for a PC.

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

LauLaw,
    What bios are you using. All newer games need to be patched. Either PXHDDLoader v1.2a or the X2 4977 or EvoM7 bios do this automatically.
    RustyDog

5. corc

corc Member

My setup is:
    X2 4977 bios, PXHDDLoader v1.2a and not 100% sure what evox version im running. Using a chameleon chip. Xbox version 1.1 PAL.
    I had no problems backing up directly to my HDD using HDDloader of making a DVD backup. ANd i didnt apply any patches as i was unaware one was required.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  6. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Hey,

I have a 1.0 xbox, 2.6 evo bios, 3752 dashboard, and I have hddloader installed. I'm able to get to the HDDLoader screen. It tells me that my chip(Xecutor Pro) doesn't support eject on reset. Game must already be insterted. I put in the game and press B to install. It asks me if I want to install "Soul Calibur 2" so I press A for yes. Then it goes back to the screen about the eject on reset not supported. Any suggestions?

7. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Upgrade your bios to either the evoM7 or X2 4977 file and it should fix your problem.
    RustyDog

8. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

GotModded,

I'll do that but which do you recommend I upgrade to? Which is more reliable?

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

For now I would still use the X2 4977 bios since the EvoM7 bios was just released.
    RustyDog

10. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Hey,

Ok do you know how to reflash Xecutor Pro? I can't seem to find a decent tutorial. Also I just found X 4973 find XBINS. Would you be willing to send me a copy of the newer version you have? Final quesiton, I'm going to buy a 120G hd. Is there a specific RPM the xbox uses? Thanks man.

11. simis69

simis69 Member

does this game need patching??
    i've tried hddloader and my older games work but not this one? i tried a dvd backup and i can't get it to boot it goes back to the dash board, if someone has patched the game let me know what patch u used,i burned using xiso said image was good,burned using record now dx global iso, disc at once on sony dvd-r so i don't know???

12. GetModded

GetModded Guest

All newer games need to be patched either manually or an easier way with the EvoxM7 or X2 4977 bios files. The bios files Auto Patch the game as it loads.
    RustyDog

13. simis69

simis69 Member

hey thanks for the input, stuff changes so much, and with all the games systems i get confused on what i did for what, gotta keep more notes!! but i got it to work, i had flashed the bios,was pretty easy with evox only that i had the jumper on my executer lite on and wouldn't let me flash the bios, so i had to rip the old xbox apart (again) and switch it, so should i leave it off or on, i feel safer with it locked but what could happen???
    ya think a demo disk from xbox magazine could do something???

14. GetModded

GetModded Guest

I've never heard of M$ reflashing a bios to stop modders. But I've heard of little brothers doing it.
    Newer bios files are always gonna be needed so it just depends on whether or not you wanna take your Xbox apart everytime you need an update.
    RustyDog

15. FFW

FFW Member

Instead of starting a new thread i'll ask my question here. I used slayers auto intsall 2.1 and worked well. I can only fit 2-3 games on my HDD. I don't mine using the orginals but the HDD does load faster. Three days ago i took my xbox to a friends house and we saw some movies. When i came back i wanted to play Brute force. I turned my xbox on running X4977 bios and went to Pxhdd loaderv1.1a to play the game. It worked before but now it doesn't launch the game. It just takes me back to Evox. Any one know what could be the proplem?

16. DT420

DT420 Guest

sorry guys put i cant get flashfxp v2.1 to reconive my xbox. i pinged it from msdos and its picks it up but flash fxp says connection refused. please help
    and is that how i put xbcopy, pxloader and everything else on my xbox_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Fear the DaRkAnGeLs
    DaRkAnGeLDT
    GoD of WaTeR[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2003
  17. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Do you have it set for Static IP. If you don't then set it and "save" the settings. Restart your xbox and try again.