1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Imports Online

Discussion in 'PS2' started by prologue, May 3, 2004.

1. prologue

prologue Member

I have looked around a lot on this website through the search function and guides, but haven't really found this subject touched much.

I was wondering if there would be any possible way to play an Original import ONLINE. I have imported a game called Battle Gear 3, which is online and dnas protected. There is no online support in the US, as the game isnt even released here. But, is there a way to tap into the servers from an original copy? I would be using a flip top with Swap Magic 3.2 and an original copy of Battle Gear 3. My Playstation is version 4, and I have the HDD and Network adapter.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. And if I'm treading on a well worn path, could someone please point me to where I can find the info I need for this (as I couldn't find it after searching for hours.)

2. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

Not as far as I know - you would need to have a active chip to play it as even though it is an original it is out of region. As such the DNAS system will detect your altered bois state due to the chip being enabled and reject your connection.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

dnas checks the region of the ps2... if the region is NTSC/J the game will play if the ps2 is PAL or NTSC/UC then it wont play... no matter original or not it will not play online.... theres a reason for games being from diffrent regions... that way every region can play its own game not hocking up to one region...