1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Imports.... please help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by tacomaker, Oct 17, 2004.

1. tacomaker

tacomaker Member

Hi everyone. The game I am trying to play is Tales of Destiny 2--which is a PS2 DVD import. My PS2 is version 7, made in US.

I have Swap Magic DVD/CD but they won't boot my game-- I get a red border or nothing at all. When using the Swap Disk CD version, I used Star Ocean 3 (DVD original, non-import) as TOC-- that might be a problem as well, but I am not sure.

Also, the import game I am trying to boot up may be Dual Layered/DVD9 or something like that, but I don't know how to tell. Forgive me~

I also have tried using GameShark v2 in place of Swap disks, but that didn't work either...

I tried making a backup (using DVD Decrypter) of the import game but it didn't play-- probably because I used DVD+R. Maybe it needs a patch or something, but I have yet to find one, haha.

Would a fliptop be easier to make the game play? Am I doing something wrong? What else should I try? Help!!

I apologize if I sound like a blithering idiot-- I'm new afterall.

Thank you in advance.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

can you list your exact boot method for me