1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing ISO EUR mulit games on PSP 3.03OEC

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by janega, Mar 21, 2007.

1. janega

janega Member

If anyone could help me out that would be great. My problem is I have EUR PSP iso game Syphon Filter-dark mirror and Chili con Carnage that I cannot get to load up. What happens is I go into the memory stick and the game icon loads then full screens with music, but after hitting X to load the PSP sceen goes black and nothing happens. I have a UMD disk in the PSP and the have NO-UMD option disabled in the recovery mode. I have got other games to work like TMNT and COD-Victory Road but they are USA versions. I have tried the Fake Region to USA but still no success. Has anyone got a EUR PSP iso to work? If so let me know how. I heard change the CPU speed might help but it didn't work and enabling UMD/ISO option is the recovery mode advanced setting might do it, but still I got nothing. Any insight would be great.

version 3.03oec usa psp

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no need to touch CPU speed, unless you like lags in other parts of your psp... ;) 222 is fine...

anyhow...you dont even need to touch the regional settings....that is for UMDmovie regional requirements....there are restrictions on UMDmovies, subsuquently UMDmovieRIPS....

what kernel are you using?

3. janega

janega Member

I got this to work and I changed the NO-UMD option to Enable and Turned fake region to America and turned on Region Free UMD. I believe the issue was that the UMD I had in the PSP was US version of Metal Gear Solid-PO and the ISO was EUR so the conflicting formats are what was causing the iso to not load correctly. I will try Chili Con Carnage later.

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

really? ive never had to change any regional settings on my japanese games?

thats strange...well cheers anyhow!

5. janega

janega Member

The regional settings might not make a difference but the NO-UMD option enabled or disabled does I believe. Either way I am just happy it works cause its looks like a sick game. Anyways thanks for the help and response.