1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing ISO files On Computer, How To??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by don99, Oct 21, 2004.

1. don99

don99 Guest

Hey All,
    I've a quick question about playing back ISO files. Once I have processed them thru Shrink, how can I play the ISO file on a player like Power DVD or other software player. When I go to look up the file on Power DVD, it dosen't show up.? I can see them play in Shrink but the screen is too small. There must be a way to view these files on a larger screen like Media Player or such?
    Thanksin advanze,
    Don

2. juca39

juca39 Guest

If you have Nero Show Time, you can play them with it.
    Right clik in the Iso Icon and select open with Nero. The Show Time will pup up and you will be able to see your movie.

3. don99

don99 Guest

Thanks juca39.
    I over looked the "Open With" option. I rarely use it. Also I seldom use Nero Showtime, which I do have. Some of it's features freeze my machine Qicker Than S.
    Thanks for the reply

4. schmee

schmee Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It will work with Alcohol 120's virtual drive(s). If you don't have or don't want to buy Alcohol 120 you can use Daemon Tools (free):
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm

Just mount the ISO and PowerDVD will read it as a DVD :)

You could also use DVD Shrink to play it, bypass using PowerDVD. Open Shrink -> click file, then open disc image -> push play in lower left.