1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing iso games in 3.40 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by amscouzac, Jun 13, 2007.

1. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

hye, ive just recently knew that the psp ive bought is a 3.40 oe-a. the prob is how can i play iso game files with it? or how do i install it. some people told me i dont have to use devhook. but i just dont know how to do it. pls help me guys. i'm a newbie. i mean a really sad n forsaken newbie. (T_T)

2. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

you put an iso folder on your memory stick,
    the folders it should be with is PSP, MP ROOT, folders than just add the iso folder and put the games in the iso folder

3. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

so, to be exact how many folders do i have to make in the memory stick?
    1. PSP
    2. MP ROOT
    3. folders
    4. iso folder

is that what u meant? i'm sorry i'm still very new at this kind of stuff

4. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

you also have to use a program that will run the ISO's like Fastloader or sumthing

5. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

fastloader? where can i get that? do u have any links?

6. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

@ haasmon92, not on 3.40 oe-a, i heard

7. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

so, how do i run the iso files/

8. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

just run them of the xmb

9. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

xmb?? what's that? u mean i should just run them directly?

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay to set the record straight....

1) On your memory stick their should already be 2 folders, MP_ROOT and PSP. Just make a new folder and call it ISO, your games iso's go in it.

2) You do NOT need any type of iso loader program, with custom firmwares they are no longer needed and are basically no longer used.

3)If properly setup to run the .iso file you simply go the the "Game" tab in your PSP menu and select/run it just like any other game.

11. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

thanx!! that was very helpful. ive got the game running. thanx again. yay!!... /(^o^)v

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

pspboydee - let's see that signature trimmed right down, allowed sizes are in my sig. You could move all or most of that gumpf into your profile page but the sig needs sorting either way

13. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

thanx for tellin me

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@amscouzac- if you are already on 3.40OE-A, all you have to do is go into your settings and format your memory stick and it will create the proper folders for you automatically-no need to create folders..once you do that, you just place your backup games (ISO's) in the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick. To access your games, you navigate to to the games icon on the PSP menu..enjoy!

15. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

ok. ive tried that. ive put an iso file like u said. the title of the game is 'Samurai Warriors: State of War'. when i started the game, an error occured, it says that the game cannot be started. it stated a series of numbers,

what should i do now? what's the problem? does it have anything to do with the cpu speed. if it did, how do i fix that?

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

do you have a game UMD in the slot??

also make sure that your NO UMD is disabled in the recovery mode (access this by turning your PSP off-hold power switch up 3 sec.- then while powering back up,hold down the R trigger button) once you are in recovery mode scroll to "configuration" to the option "use NO UMD" it will either say currently enabled-or disabled...you want disabled..after you are done..go back and exit out of recovery...then make sure you have a game in the slot (movies dont work)-should work for you just fine....

p.s. you can also change your cpu speed in the recovery mode as well-

17. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

what bout the other stuff in configuration? in cpu speed settings, which speed should i change: xmb? or umd/iso?

18. amscouzac

amscouzac Member

and another thing. i dont have a umd in theumd slot

19. scrum

scrum Member

If you have no umd disk in the slot, then there is a good chance that is your problem. Just do what dEEz_nUtz said a couple of posts up. There are games that you can play with that setting enabled with no UMD disk, but you'll have the most success with it disabled and a disk in the slot. Like he says, as long as it's not a movie, you can use it. If you can find a cheap demo disk, that should work. You should not have to change any other settings than that one. I've only had to change the CPU speed for one game (up to 266 for Ratchet and Clank) and, like I read, it drains your battery quicker than normal (cool game though).

By the way, dEEz_nUtz, are you the same dEEz nUtz I lose my cash to on 'Stars?

20. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@amscouzac- you can leave the cpu settings at default..unless you are playing something that is graphically intense..then you may want to bump it up-but your battery time will dramatically decrease...otherwise dont monkey with the other settings, you should be fine.

@scrum- sorry you must have me mistaken for another deez_nutz..I only use this handle on here and one other psp forum..I think we had the discussion about your handle a few days ago being short for "scrumtralescent" when I had assumed it was testicle related..