1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing ISO'S plz dont flame me

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tooties21, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Hi everyone. You know up until yesterday i had no idea that you could play iso's on your psp without having some sort of mod chip.
    I guess thats cuz from the psp to the xbox 360 i have installed mod chips.

But to my question. I have been reading this forum and searching google for 6 hours straight. And I cant grasp the directions on what i need to play iso games from my memory stick.

I went from a 1.5 tonite to a 3.xx all the way back to a 2.00 using my gta LC. and still no luck

as of right now im running a 2.00 FW and want to know which FW do I need to play downloaded iso's or my backups. and what programs do i need installed on my psp?? Instead of me going all crazy installing all these programs like i did tonite.

Ive had my psp for 2 years and havent really enjoyed it much so alittle help would be nice.

oh one more thing.. are all iso's playable or a majority? thanks

2. attias6

attias6 Guest

So now you are on 2.00. Downgrade to 1.50 by going to Google and type "2.00-1.50 downgrader". You can only play ISOs on 1.50 or a costom firmware by Dark_AleX.

Once you're in 1.50, download Fastloader (Google it) and put the two folders tat come with it in GAME. Create a folder in the root of your memory stick called ISO and put all your ISOs there. Now, go to your memory stick in ur PSP in Game and select Fastloader and there choose a game to play.

NOTE 1: You need a memory stick with enough space.
    NOTE 2: Not all ISOs work on 1.50 but almost all work on a costom firmware by Dark_AleX (3.10 OE-A is the latest) and (that's what I have).

3. ReaZeN

ReaZeN Regular member

Hi,

Here's a tutorial how to put ISO games on your PSP and play them.

Now first. What is ISO? Well ISO is like a rom. It's a CD-ROM image that is like kind of WinRAR. You add your things and create it as a ISO.

NOW! Back to the tut.

What You Need:

1) A PSP with firmware 1.50 (If you don't have 1.50 you can downgrade your PSP
    Get the downgraders on this site: www.psp-hacks.com/

1.00 | 1.50 (Here) | 1.51 | 1.52 | 2.00 | 2.01 | 2.50 | 2.60 | 2.70 | 2.71 | 2.80 | 2.81 | 2.82 | 3.00 | 3.01 | 3.02 | 3.03 | 3.10 | 3.11 |

If you have 1.00 then just upgrade to 1.50.

2) Devhook .46 (Ultimate Installer) Get It Here: www.psp-hacks.com/

3) A "Mini USB Cable"

4) A UMD disc (UMD Movie too)

5) A ISO image.

Now! (Try to re-format your memory stick before you do this! And remember to backup your files before you re-format your memory stick! Or your stuff will be deleted!)

1) Open the install program and follow the instructions. (Take the Devhook 0.46 with 2.71 firmware.).

2) Now, there should be a ISO folder on the root of your Memory Stick. Put your game in that folder.

3) Now disconnect your PSP to your PC.

(REMEMBER! That you have to have a UMD in your PSP before you can play ISOs on devhook!)

4) Start Devhook and press FIRMWARE SELECT and select the firmware you want to use. Devhook Emulates the versions: 1.50 - 2.71 (So you can actually use internet!) But you really have 1.50!

5) Now select UMD SELECT and select the game you want to play.

6) Your PSP will restart with the selected firmware. Go in the game section and press on the UMD icon.

You will se that it's not the UMD you have putted in the UMD drive, but it's the game you have chosen.

**WARNING:**

IF YOU SHUT DOWN YOUR PSP ON THE EMULATED MENU, YOUR PSP MAY BE BRICKED. SO USE THE "FIRMWARE 2.XX back to 1.50" FILE THAT IS ON THE MEMORY STICK SECTION UNDER GAME. YOU CAN SET IT TO STANDBY IF YOU WANT.

Enjoy!

4. chick3n

chick3n Member

^ Bad instructions.

Just do this:

1] Get to version 1.50 again (using 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader; should be easy)
    2] Go to http://dark-alex.org/ and download 3.10 OE-A (1st one without apostrophe)
    3] Install
    4] Download/Rip UMD ISO file
    5] Put the iso in the ISO folder located on the root of the memory stick (make one if it isnt there. THIS ONLY WORKS ON CUSTOM FIRMWARE)

5. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

You guys are great!! hopefully after all the success ive had last nite upgrading and down grading i wont brick my psp today lol.. "what ever can go wrong will go wrong" lol thanks again ill let u know all know how i did thank you

6. HSingh

HSingh Member

Hi, I've been following the information given but i still seem to get (The game can not be started, data corrupted). I tried ultimate installer devhook .46 and i got data corrupted then i installed 3.10 OE-A but i still get data corrupted. The ISO is in the ISO folder so i'm not sure what i am doing wrong. Under my memory stick option i have the options of: Return to 1.50 from FW2.xx, Device Hook, 3.10 OE-A Firmware Install & Data Corrupted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

7. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Ok i now have a 1.5 FW
    I went to Dark Alex page to download the custom FW is this the one i download?
    >> 3.10 Open Edition. (Rev A) (Rev A2)
    and when i downloaded it there are four folders
    310oeflasher
    310oeflasher%
    oeupdmaker
    oeupdmaker%
    Which one do I use and how do i install it :(

Thanks again all

8. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

now that your on 1.5 look for hexitnow's installer its one of the stickys on here

9. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

So.... dont use the dark alex custom fw? use hexitow's installer?

10. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

hexitnows installer makes it really easy for you to install dark alex custom firmware

11. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

oh ok im downloading now, its slow download but im pateint lol.. Ill let u know how it went :)

12. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

yeah you should be fine mate,good luck

13. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Tooties, no offense, but did you search this thread? theres SO many threads like these posted thru out everywhere..anyway, if it does take long, theres a tutorial on the pc forum that will probably help speed up the torrent (thats if your using torrents).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  14. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Joker believe me, I never ever post on forums looking for help if i havent ever searched before. Im ususally the guy whos helping everyone out.

Thanks all I have updated my psp to 3.10 oe-a

one more question downloaded games or backups (umd backups) go in what folder

and homebrew apps/games go in which folder.. thanks soooo much

15. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

they go in the ISO folder, it shows up when you format your memory stick in OE-C and 3.10 OE. if its not there, then youll know what to do.

16. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

well if you did search you could of found that out :0\

17. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

I did search lol, u know what it is. Theres so many ways of doing this i got toally confused and last nite i was installing all these programs on my psp and after the 6th hour i was allll confused,,

ok so i have to make an iso folder in the root for iso games
    and for homebrew/apps ...??? LOL i love you guys.. Beer is on me tonite

18. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

and yet once again, this question can be answered by searching >.<, homebrew goes in the GAME folder if its a 1.50, 2.71 HEN D or GAME150 if its a SE/OE custom firmware.

19. tooties21

tooties21 Guest

Got it up and running with my first iso (Ghost rider)LOL thanks everyone

20. HSingh

HSingh Member

Could one of you guys help me please, i've posted my problem a few posts up.