1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing japanese game on european ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by aldxar, Jun 26, 2007.

1. aldxar

aldxar Member

If you own a European PS3 then you will have no problem playing PES 2008 on an SDTV or HDTV. However, if you're playing PES 2008 on a US or Japanese PS3 then you will have to own a HDTV to play the game as it won't run on a SDTV.

thats is the statment from winning11.blog, so i want to know, does the same about needing a HDTV apply if i were to play japanese game on european ps3?

thanks in advance

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

No PS3 game is region-locked so you can play PS3 games on any version/region PS3.

3. aldxar

aldxar Member

im not talkign bout ps3, im talking bout the TV here, if u see the quote i got from the winning11.blogspot, it says that if im in USA/ASIA, i will need HDTV to play the european pro evo 2008, so im asking since USA/ASIA need HDTV to play european game, do i need a HDTV to play USA or JAPANESE game? hope i made it more clear this time than before

4. aldxar

aldxar Member

anybody know if i can play japanese ps3 games on my pal ps3 and a tv that can support both 50hz and 60hz?