1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Merged Files made with Womble Mpeg-VCR 3.14

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by GhostRydr, May 7, 2004.

1. GhostRydr

GhostRydr Member

Hi there, I have gone through every program that DVDR Help.com provides to try to merge mpeg movies files that I have Downloaded. Ive gone Through DV Tools, VitrualDub, TMGinc, and now found some good use to Womble Mpeg-VCR. I have been successfull at mergeing 2 mpegs into 1 file, the only downfall now that ive gotten this far is that, WIndows Media Player has a unknown error or Winamp 5.0 doesnt recognize the file that Womble created. I followed the directions on Joining 2 files together in the how to guides of DVDR help.com correctly step by step. Whats going on here? I can however view my joined file in my DVD player software Asus Power DVD player perfectly which Im happy I can view it atleast there, but How about if I share this file with my friends who dont own the player, or any others who gets my file? they wont be able to view the file with just media player if htey wanted to? I saved the file in mpeg 1 system stream (audio + video multiplexed)? is that the format that windows media player read files at correctly? both my orignal source files play fine in windows media player, all I did was join so all the same specs of the file should passed through Womble correctly right?

2. GhostRydr

GhostRydr Member

One more thing, I am also trying to convert the file into a smaller AVI or DIVX file so I can fit the file on a CD for safe keeping, but VirtualDub doesnt recognize the file at all either, it only sees the 2 source files in the same folder not the new joined file I made with Womble? what else can I do to fix this problem, is there any other way I can successfully join 2 mpegs and play them in mediaplayer?

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

There Might be a Problem with the Time code in the Mpeg file so run Mpeg-VCR and go to "Tools" to "Mpeg GOP fixer" and Load in your file and get it to Analize and Fix any errors in the file and see if that helps......Cheers

4. GhostRydr

GhostRydr Member

Thanks for letting me know about the gop fixer. I used the check box that dose all the above fixes in the gop fixer and it accually shrunk my file to a smaller size, but still after I created a new output file, windows media player adn win amp still CANNOT view the file that Womble creates. Its a mpeg file, my system reads it as a windows media file since I got media player linked to recognize mpeg files, but I get a unknown error C00D11CD. and web help has no help of this error. whats going on here still? thanks you for your help its appreciated.

5. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

I have exactly the same problem, i cant play saved mpeg-vcr files in WMP. The only solution is to play them using PowerDVD or WinDVD, as i do.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

You shouldn"t use Windows Media Player to Play Mpeg files at all because it does not properly handle Mpeg files so the problem is most likely a WMP Problem as opposed to a problem with the Files..WMP doesn"t even read the aspect ratio Flags in mpeg files so it never displays mpeg files correctly in the first place ...Use a Software DVD Player for Mpeg files at all times...