1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing modded slim ps2 online?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by t_fediuk, Jan 13, 2005.

1. t_fediuk

t_fediuk Guest

is it possible to play original or back ups online using a slim modded playstation 2. i have tried patching my back up, and the original nhl 2k5 and nothing. i get that dnas error 402 i think it is. it has a MagicKX modchip

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I haven't had to do it myself yet, but i believe you need to d/l Disk ID utility and burn it to disc. Then, i believe you will need to run that and your original game, and it will display the dnas code.
    heh, then something with inserting into the .iso file i think and then burning your backup.

Sorry, thats about all i recall, but there are definitely some decent tutorials around here somewhere.

3. t_fediuk

t_fediuk Guest

ive went through the steps. i did everything correctly, and i even tried my original copy of the game and i still cant get past the dnas error screen

4. Tigh

Tigh Member

I have slim modded ps2 with matrix infinity. Some games will work and others won't. Even stranger I put in the original and then got a DNAS error 402 yet when I burnt the same game then patched it, it then worked online. Have found that any game that uses gamespy to connect won't work. Need For Speed Underground 2 worked for me. I am in Australia so I don't know if that makes a difference.