1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing movies on DVD player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by verhobb, Aug 18, 2002.

1. verhobb

verhobb Member

I have been dowloading movies off of Kazaa some of good quality and some of horrible quality. Is there a program in which I can convert windows media movies to read in my DVD player so that I can watch then on the TV? I have downloaded lord of the rings(good video quality) and would like to watch it on my television/DVD player.

Also what are some websites where I can download full movies in with good quality for free? Kazaa is the only place I have downloaded movies and I am wanting to know of more with perhaps better video quality.

Thanks for reading

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Yes there is a tool
    it is called TMPGenc. you must convert the avi to a vcd or svcd format(mpg). as for getting web sites for other movies...I know of some but we cannot provide that answer directly because of legal issues. but if you look around on these forums you may find your answer..not directly...so keep your eyes open....

3. pounce

pounce Member

First of all you can download Lord Of The Rings in VCD format, which in a lot of dvd players, will play if burnt in vcd format onto a cdr with Nero or a similar burner. Second, if you plan to download mare movies, there is a better way to watch them on your tv. Get a vidoe card with video out, and then connect your tv to your pc. If your t.v. is to far away, and you dont want to run wires that far, you can get a wireless video sender. Don't get a 900 mghz get a 2.4 ghz. It can send the video through walls to over 100 feet away. Picture and sound. You can get one at radio shack, but I would recomend looking on x10.com. They have one at a much cheaper price, and it includes software and a remote for your pc.

4. pounce

pounce Member

If you have cable or better modem, you can try to download movies through an ftp. You might try http://www.divxcommunity.com/ or http://home.planet.nl/~baer101/faq.htm . You could also look in a search engine for "I want to trade DivX" or a similar search, you can find people that way who are willing to trade Divx movie files through ICQ, E-mail, or sometimes burnt to a cd through snail mail.