1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing my backups...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xylpher, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Xylpher

Xylpher Member

I've made two backups by now, Splinter Cell and Suikoden 3. I'm starting them with a Slide Card, Swap Magic version 2.0 (no extra modchip or anything).

They both don't work, Suikoden dies right away (it goes blue) and Splinter Cell plays the first bit but gets checked again, and then fails.

Is there anything I can do to get them to work? Get a modchip or use a different method or what?

Thanks in advance...

If I look around on these boards it seems I've just made poor choices in what games to backup, since these games seem quite notorious for not working. Before I waste another DVD, does Xenogears work?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Your PS2 probably doesn't like the media itself.

3. Xylpher

Xylpher Member

Urrr...

But with Splinter Cell, I get the game started, and it plays, I can go into the menu and select the first level, only when I have it start to play, it re-checks the cd and comes with the "Please insert a PS2 CD" thingy.

That means I've succesfully loaded Splinter Cell (thus excluding CD media, wrong usage of Slide Card, and a couple of other reasons for this to go wrong), I just can't do much with it since the thing checks again.

As for Suikoden 3, that one is on pretty much every list of games that won't load with Swap Magic.

I think if I burn another game the thing'll work, I'd just like to know the "best" method of getting Suikoden and Splinter Cell to work also.

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

With Splinter Cell you need to use the cdloader._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2003