1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing my flashed Xbox game off a USB

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Wyattspop, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Can you guys tell me how to play my Xbox 360 games off a flashed Xbox via USB? I own the disc and ripped it with ISO Extractor. Thanks Ya'll

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Flashed what the dvd drive? that ain't gonna work its for only playing copied games directly from a burned disc.
    You want to play from other source you'll need a jtag hack if your dash is v7 or below,if it ain't you have no choice but to use a rgh modchip.For that you'll need to take it to someone you trust to do both mods as both require very fine soldering experience & you'd be better off paying someone who solders regularly,not some bush wacker backyard dude like all are round here

edit: the bushwackers were a wwe wrestling tag team frak'n they still crack me up just think'n about em

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

I don't know what method he used so that might complicate matters, but I'm certain he didn't have time to solder much (Jtag)..I am excellent with a soldering gun. I do know he flashed my Xbox 360 Slim using his PC. I have done Wii hacking so I have a basic understanding of modding. So what can I do with a flashed Xbox then? It was built July 20, 2011 if that helps. I assume I can rip the ISO and burn it to disc...simple enough. Thanks

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Won't be a jtag & if it was an rgh it'd take up to 60 seconds to boot requiring restarts in the process so all that leaves is a flashed dvd drive which is only good for playing copied games directly from the dvd with a disc & if it's a 8gb iso you need to burn your going to waste a stack of money on failed burns no matter how good a quality disc you get

the soldering requires a magnifier yeah tiny as solder joints

5. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

BTW Funny WWE sub-
    reference

6. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Scorp, sorry to pick this back up so late, life threw me a few too many balls to juggle at once. Anyhow, appears it was flashed (iextreme-style) which would allow burned discs as you mentioned, I can pull this off with Verbatim DL discs easily enough, but I read something about only certain DVD burners doing the job right IDE Kreon DVD drive, probably find it easily enough but who knows if it's got the same connects as my HP P6803W Win 7 or not. It's not like all DVD burners are compatible with any PC. How could I figure that out before I buy the Kreon? I think I'll follow your advice and have it J-tagged, my soldering skills are good, but not magnifying glass good. What are the bennies of Jtag vs RGH? Are both critical or will J-tag do? My son already scorched our GTA5, not a cheap disc, I want to back my stuff up now, so I'll follow your advice and have it done, you're my fave techno-whiz. Thanks

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

Little confused as to what your are wanting.If your trying to rip an original xbox 360 game you need either a BenQ VAD6038 or a Lite-On DG-16D2S flashed with the relevant 0800 v3 firmware and Xbox Backup Creator not the kreon as they do not rip xgd3.

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

A jtag is a hack that requires no modchip & starts as a normal xbox would,then proceeds for the most part to a hacked dash called freestyle dash (Most abbreviate it to FSD)

A reset glitch hack (known as rgh) is a modchip,the difference is just that it uses a modchip to boot to a hacked kernal,it also takes a little more time to get to the dash as it may require numerous reboots.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A JTAG RGH console,you'll see this often with sellers,it means its a rgh

You will need to find a reputable modder,not just some dude that does the odd one or two as it's easy to stuff up

A new replacement dash called aurora is out now,which can handle large game collections & is much faster & uses less memory than fsd,however it won't matter which is installed as its not hard to replace one with the other,i have both installed but prefer fsd as it has plenty of custom graphical themes

The guy that flashed your xbox dvd player can do the required 0800 hack to a drive if you get one or if he has one spare,This will also require getting a usb adpater to attach the hacked 0800 xbox drive to a computer as i link below.I bought one a while ago it worked well if not a little fickle at times as the xbox drive isn't supposed to be used with a computer,however when the 8gb game discs came along (known as xgd3) i decided a jtag/rgh was a better option as it would work out cheaper as over the months & now years i see too many issues burning them including on verbatim dvd's

http://www.talismoon.com/cgi-bin/version2/engine.pl?page=product-xbox360-minispyusb

9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

But please be aware that when you RGH your console you lose Xbox Live. Either use your flashed Xbox 360 and burn your games (and by the way, you only produce coasters when you do something wrong, if you follow the instructions you may have one or two until you find the perfect settings for your PC, but then you won't have bad burns any more) or RGH and play your games straight off of a harddrive. RGH also gives you homebrew and emulators and so on. (No, I did not forget about the XK3Y, I just don't like it.)
    For ripping XGD3 titles you either need one of the two drives richietea mentioned (the two latest Xbox 360 phat drives) or if you prefer an internal solution you need a PHILIPS DROM6316, slightly modified and flashed with 0800 firmware. The easiest way to get the drive needed would be to buy a RROD phat Xbox 360 with an MFR date of later 2008 or 2009. You can get them for very cheap at ebay. You don't need one of these if you RGH your Xbox 360, then you can simply rip the games with it.
    I personally never had problems with burning XGD3 titles, only one coaster and that was when I forgot to patch the topology data. I don't use the payload tool (and don't recommend it), I have an IHAS 224b flashed with burner maxx, but I would recommend getting the Sony Optiarc AD-5280S burner, it's an out-of-the-box solution that allows overburns (Sony's way to give Microsoft the finger).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you want to play online you can use LiNK in place of live depending on what game you want to play & assuming its a system link enabled type game.An account at unity will be required,you'll need one anyway to get the covers & game summary for fsd or aurors,its free