1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing My MPEG encoded dvd's on the computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bikekid8, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

hi, i want to be able to watch my movies that i have encoded through tmpgenc on the computer, they were originally avi's, and now they are the mpeg'sready for a dvd burn, i just wanted to know how i can play them becuase my realplayer and windows media player wont play them, i just want to do this so that i dont keep burning dvd-r's and wasting them before i know if the encoding went good, thanks!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi bikekid8, Welcome to aD,

You may think they are ready for burning But are they ready for playing ?

The answer is, No.

You are one step away from being ready.

When you were in AVI you needed two steps, the first, TMPGenc, which you have done NOW, you need to run it through TMPGEnc DVD Author then you will be ready for burning and playing -

Cheers,

Pete

3. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

what i did was burn the movie onto the dvd-r using nerovision express 2, and i get hte video perfect just it has no sound, but ill give the dvd author a try but i do not think that that is my problem, thanks for the quick response

4. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

yah, that is not the problem, my result dvd-mpeg has no sound, but i do not know why because the original file did have perfect sound and i made sure that the encoded file was all together and not separate (video and wav) so i do not know what the problem was, but i was reading in another thread that it could be because tmpgenc doesnt work with the audio codec or something so i must decompress the audio to pcm with virtualdub. do you think that is my problem or is it something that i am doing wrong within tmpgenc? thanks for the help!!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi bikekid8,

You may have noticed you don't have an avatar -

Here's a guide for an Avatar installation

First head to a Gif center, here's one for you -

http://www.gifs.net/animate/giflist.htm

Scroll through their selection and select something you like.
    When you find something, right-click it and copy it's URL address.

Then back you come to aD, to your "My Account" at the top of every page. Now go to "Edit personal information," where you can place your avatar.

Before your text, type in the following, ~ ~> without spaces -

[img ]place your Gif's URL here[img ]

Remember, close those spaces in the brackets so your avatar will launch ~>

Then go to aD's Main forum page, find "Safety Valve" and you'll find a thread called "Testing Thread" - use that to test your avatar :)

Now you'll be all set -

Enjoy,

Pete

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuummm,

As you see, it takes me much longer to type -

I would go with DivXToDVD to convert your AVI files - it's a single-step process -

Here's a link for you -

http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

It's a super program, hang on to it - now it's free, I think soon they'll begin charging - Ain't it always the way ?

"P'

7. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

what's an avator? and why wont this work? lol im an idiot

8. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

scubapete, i love you! haha, thanks for all of the help!! this all works great!! keep up the excellent work! thanks!

9. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

ok, i thought that it worked great, but when i play it on my playstation 2, it skips, like it pauses for a half of a second, do you know why this is?? becuz it doesnt do this when i play the dvd-r in the computer, and i know its not the disk because i tried it with both a dvd+rw and a dvd-r on the computer and it worked just it skipped on the playstation. thanks!

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

A avatar is a picture that you were attempting to put with your sig and it didn't work because you didn't code it correctly. I see that you've given up on it - your choice -

In the future, when you see something that you don't understand you can use aD's search function - Here, I can show you how to use it -

Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, " Avatar " - It should give you some "Hit's" from "Goggle" and AfterDawn for helpful programs designed to aid you with the work you're trying to do. Under that, you'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find lots you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want (and that's unlikely), then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " Avatar ". It requires you to ask a question and some mousie clicks on your part but now that you know where things are, it s/b pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)

Not only can you find definitions, guides and programs but you can find entire discussions on your topic too.

As far as your PS2, remember that even Sony tells you not to play movies on your PS2. There are some you may never be able to play but 99% of them you'll be able to watch. I would suggest a change in media for a better grade plays better also change your type of disc to a DVD ROM. DVD ROM's (Book type) play on more players than do anything else –

Cheers,

Pete

11. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

dvd-ROM??? how would that work? doesnt it have to be a dvd-video?

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Book Type settings in Nero play in more players

The BookType setting can be controlled from the OPTIONS window for the recorder. In Nero Express this is located at the end in the 'Final Burn' window, where you will see the options button located next to the drop down box where you select your model recorder. In Nero Burning ROM this is located under Recorder ~> Choose the Recoder window and the OPTIONS button located there.

Pete