1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing newer ps2 game backups online-HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by clownz325, Dec 20, 2004.

1. clownz325

clownz325 Member

Hi, Ive read all the tutorials about making a ps2 backup playable online. My question is that you have to have the original disc to do it for a "valid disc id" BUT, at the moment I let my brother borrow the game and I don't have access to it. SO... Is there anyway to create a playable ONLINE game without the original? Is there maybe a website that I can d/l valid ids from? If this is considered piracy im sorry, I just needed some help. PM me if you cant post your reply. THANK YOU!

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

No way man. There are no websites that give out id codes. If they did then the backup wouldn't be able to be played online anyway. Its a unique code, if you are caught using a code that everyone has; hey will know its a backup game and ban you, maybe even permanently.

3. clownz325

clownz325 Member

dern... ok well that clears up alot for me. Thanks for the help. So that is the for sure way you can only play online games? OK, I appreciate it, just have to wait till I get the games back! OH yea, is patching the games just like putting a nocd crack on a pc game? Just curious. Thank you

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Heres another link where you can get the files from because you probably dont want to wait 5 days until you can download stuff off ps2ownz and so that you dont go off posting your e-mail on this forum unless you like spam.

http://www.ps2tools.tk/

6. clownz325

clownz325 Member

hey man, thanks. I already have the ps2nfo information. Thats what i was going to go by in the first place. :) N E way, but that ps2tools.tk link /\ up there doesnt work.... but i just wanted to see if there is a way to patch the game from a backup w/o the original game. I see now that its just like a serial # on pc games. Thanks dude. Fix that link or somethin about the ps2tools because it doesnt work for me! THANKS ALOT!

7. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

9. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

10. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

Some Hard To Get PS2 Tools

Disc ID Utility v0.2A (349 kb)

Disc ID Insertor v2.01 (19kb)

Image Patcher v1.6 (168kb)

11. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

it is all there click on the link

12. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I already gave him that link but he said that it didnt work for him. That why i gave the other link.

13. clownz325

clownz325 Member

thanks, i got like 7 of the files off the site u gave me. ps2tools.tk still doesnt work for me but ill keep trying. Well i guess thats all the files i need except now i need to get my games back from my bro! i have to register to ps2ownz.com so i can read that tutorial. but for some reason my email (yahoo) has been "blacklisted"? not sure what that is. oh well. thanks guys.

14. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

I use gamefly and I would love to know how they can tell if I am playing the original online. If everyone that rents that title has a different IP that doesn't seem fair to ban it. Especially since I can patch a copy and play with no problem.

question. If I am playing the original online and someone else has a patched copy (using the disc id from the same rental) will it ban me?

15. clownz325

clownz325 Member

hey, thats a good question. How is gamefly? I was thinking about subscibing to it. Anyway, yea, how would that work? and how long does it take to get your games? Do u have the 1 or 2 game a month plan?

16. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

gamesforrent.com are better if you are on the east side of the u.s.a. alot faster, they ship from newjersey i think

17. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

the service is excellent for me. about 2-3 days in each direction. no delay on the new titles. They do ship from Ca though. Not bad for me , I'm in the middle of the US. It was about 34 bucks I think for the first 3 months if you prepay. Tough to beat. I have the 1 game option too by the way.

Atom