1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing Nintendo 8-bit and Super Nintendo games on the Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by bigflavor, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bigflavor

bigflavor Member

Search high low googled, googled to afterdawn.com only... searched the forums. Nothin'.

Somebody 'elp me. Can you just load roms? That would be cool, but I highly doubt that it's possible.

Let us know.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Snes roms I'm sure off they can't be streamed..nes roms, I believe just a few.

See, the thing is nintendo released this "collectors edition of zelda" (the one with all the fuzz how to get it..)for the gamecube. Well now, they(nintendo) writed an emulator that can be read by the cube. It happens to be a nes emulator to run that sweet ol' zelda game and a n64 emulator to run Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...found on that disk.

When you look close enough in Phoenix you'll see that you can load nintendo 8-bit and nintendo-64 roms...(first tab, on top: "Select a task")

Maybe when somebody would care they'd write a snes emulator too, but I belive [bold]that[/bold] is too much asked! =)

nuff said

grtz GrMbL

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Pretty much like grmbl has said phoenix has a option that gives you the file format the nes roms are and n64 formats are to play them.I was thinking the same thing about the Snes grmbl that would be cool to play those,but I just play them off the ps2 for now.

4. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

Huh, play snes roms from your ps2? explain....
    =)

5. bigflavor

bigflavor Member