1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLaying on comp, but not standalone

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Bama7470, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Bama7470

Bama7470 Guest

Hi! I'm new to this, so if i post this in the wrong place, PLEASE don't ban me! I have a Pioneer 104 burner, and am using DVDXCOPY to make back ups of my dvd's. I made a succesful copy of Escape from New York. Plays PERFECT on my computer using Power DVD. But when I put it in my standalone, I get disk error. I have a Malata N-960. I am using Maxell DVD-R's. I have looked up my player on DVDHELP.com and it says that it should play it. If someone could help me, it would most definatly be appreciated. If you need any more info, i will be glad to offer it. Thx in advance

2. Bama7470

Bama7470 Guest

I take it as A: No one else has had this problem, or B: I posted this in the wrong place. If B is the correct answer, can someone please tell me where to post it? Thank you

3. malum

malum Regular member

What media are you using? (not all media work in all machines) and have you tried different media?
    I take it you are using DVXCopy to burn the disc as well?

4. Bama7470

Bama7470 Guest

I am using Maxell DVD-R's. I have also tried DVD-RW's, but it says no disk for them. So, I assume that it won't read rw's. DVDhelp.com hasn't tried the RW's. Yes, I am using DVDXCOPY to burn also. Is there another way to burn? in conjunction with DVDXCOPY? No, I haven't tried a different brand of media. Maxell has a purple side, in case that help's. Thank you for the reply :)

5. malum

malum Regular member

If you can find a DVD5 (single layer) then rip the image off that with dvd dycypter and burn it to a DVD-R (also with decrytpter in ISO image mode)
    If that plays fine then at least you know your machine works OK

There are other ways to burn DVDXcopy's output but it's a little complicated and as far as I know DVDXcopy produces compatible discs anyway (it ought to really).

I'd try a different brand of media, if I were you, as well just to see. Discs with the Ritek dye seem to be the most compatible.

6. Bama7470

Bama7470 Guest

Thanks alot :) I will try different media first. then change programs, I appreciate your help. :)