1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLaying on US Servers in the UK

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by badbob69, Jan 7, 2008.

1. badbob69

badbob69 Member

Hi all my friend is playing cod4 on PS3, is there any reason why he can only connect to American servers when he is in the UK as id like to play him online but am unable to connect to his ps3

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

It might be because he has an American PSN account or else hes living in America.

3. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Which would be silly as the whole point of PSN is that you can play anybody from anywhere in the world on it, isnt it?

4. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yeah it is silly,i should have thought before i left such a stupid comment,i searched for an answer on GOOGLE and most of what i found said that it depended upon the game.

5. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Marcusita - the silly part wasnt aimed at you (just wanted to clear that up). Ive also had a quick look around Google and other PS3 forums and can find no helpful answer (its not the easiest thing to put in a search box lol).

6. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

Is his console an import?

7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes i know,i was stupid for failing to realise that you can play people from all around the world,however ive only ever met/played people from Europe,i havnt seen anyone from America or Asia yet.

8. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

i always thought the cod4 servers where worldwide, i always here American talking.
    they need to make a dedicated server, as the player who is the host effectively is the server, maybe that could have something to do with it, or maybe you spelled his Id wrong when you added him?