1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing online by patching DNAS ID (NTSC Disk ID's) ???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vishal33, Jul 3, 2007.

1. vishal33

vishal33 Member

hi Everyone.. I have been reading this forum from last 2 weeks and tried burning couple of dvds.. but unfortunately all of them turned out to be crap.. Well i have Ps2 V12 US/NTSC with modchip - Matrix Infinity 1.38
    Please tell me if im doing anything wrong.

- I'm using modchip, shouldnt I ?
    - Just because i have PS2 V12 NTSC, it means i can only use NTSC games with the NTSC DNAS ID's ?? Because i tried patching PAL disk(though ps2 is NTSC, it runs PAL disk too) with PAL DNAS ID.
    - DNAS id wont work if somebody is already using that or used already in the past ???
    eg. everyone wud be using E1 71 as prefix..

Please can someone clear my doubts ??

Let me summarize..

1. I have NTSC console(Matrix modchip which runs both NTSC & PAL backup games) so my games which im patching must be NTSC ???????????

2. Why did i receive "DNAS Error code -833" after patching WWE 2007 ?? Do anyone know how to bypass this error ?? OR, maybe the DNAS ID provided on this forum was wrong ??

3. how to bypass error code -833 ?? I have never played online before on my PS2.. do i need to do anything else.. do i have to run a disk like "network adapter disk" or something ???

4. Well, i have more doubt.. the missing DNAS ids list on " dnas.stoleyour.net " means that you dont need to patch those games. does that really mean, any backup game will work without patching?? I tried one of them .. Commandos strike force but then it gave me the same DNAS error code - 402

I havent played even a single online game on PS2 till now in my life.. Guys please help me..

My requests are.. (I think all should be NTSC just bcoz i have an NTSC console)

1. Battlefield 2
    2. WWE Smack Vs RAW 2007
    3. Fight Night Round 3
    4. Need for Speed Underground 2
    5. Metak Gear Susbsistence
    6. SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs

Or any working title which i could test on my PS2 ?? Please help me guys.. im in UK now and i have a US NTSC console.. so you can undstd that i cant even buy an original one.. I tried UK PAL original disks, they dont work..

Any help wud be much appreciated.. Thanks in advance..
    U can undstd my situation.. Im a big Playstation fan and i have never played online.. :(

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

The -833 error is a region error. You backups are probebly from a different country so there can't be a NTSC PS2 talking to a PAL server. However, if you change your PS2 IDs, you can trick DNAS into thinking that your console is from the same region as your game. You need to use paradox ID changer which you can get in SKSAPPS.COM.
    And any online game that uses DNAS needs to be patched. If an online game dosen't use DNAS, you won't have to worry about patching it.

And error -402 is