1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Online with burned PS2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by viper64, Dec 31, 2003.

1. viper64

viper64 Guest

Quick question can you use a Burned PS2 game and play online with it? (Socom Navy Seals II) or any other online game Thanks.

2. Dany22

Dany22 Member

New games that came out this end of the year..dont play online bcuz DNAS (Sony new protection for online game) check for both if a chip was installed in the ps2 and if the game is original or not..bcuz Socom II belong as a new game..the only way to play it online is to turn off the chip (sleep mode) and buy the original version..otherwise forget about playing it..all the old games (Socom 1, TM Black, Tribes 2, THPS 3 and 4 etc. can be played online even if its a backup.

Hope this answered your question

Peace

Dany22

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

How about PS2 to PS2? I imagine the same rule applies but just curious

Matt

4. Dany22

Dany22 Member

DNAS check your hardware and the game even before u get connected...to the server...so i think its the same if u play ps2 via ps2..over lan or over the i-link..

Peace,

Dany22

5. Lamper

Lamper Member

Im pretty sure same rules apply. If u wanna learn to put ur PS2 in sleep mode, check my topic I worked so har don to get the answer! =) .

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Sleep/Stealth Mode is selected by putting the PS2 in to "Stand-by" mode (redlight) and turning on the system by pressing in "Eject" and holding it for 1 second. This will completely disable the chip until you reset the system or power off. Thats if you have a DMS3 chip of course

Matt

7. Lamper

Lamper Member

Also, Sleep mode is activated by putting ur ps2 in standby mode and holding the "reset" button until the blue eject light turns on. That's for Magic v3.1 not DMS3

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004