1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing ORIGINAL on-line games with a modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kracker, Nov 5, 2003.

1. kracker

kracker Guest

ok,i have tried to play numerous original DNAS protected games with my messiah 2 pro. even in "sleep" mode these games were unable to play online(madden 2004,espn hockey 2004 etc..) so i imagine this DNAS protection is detecting the mod chip itself and not if the game is a backup. my question is if i installed a toggle switch on the mod chip(maybe 2 on and off switches,one for the power wire and one for the ground) will the mod chip still be detected? even when using the original game disc? if anyone knows the answer to this question help/insight would be greatly appreciated befor i take my ps2 apart for nothing. thanks!!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

from what iv seen online DNAS games detect 2 things the media and the chip you solve only half of the problem the game still detects the chip evne if it's a sleep mode only thing left to do is take it out!!!... lol!!... well not really... but you can try few things you can try to remove the power wire the one that needs the v5... and the wire that connets to that chip that got 5 wires on... it that will take it off... but ater done playing you should solider them back... thats a bad thing.. you might ruin a good chip and a ps2... so take it from me dont remove it play at your friends house or something... DNAS is still not cracked so wait or play on a diffrent ps2... ^_^

sorry if this didnt help you...

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

just install one toggle switch I dunno why you'd need 2. It's weird that you can't play the originals online even after you put the mod to sleep mode. As far as the "DNAS is still not cracked so wait...." actually it has been cracked by a certain group and I don't know what group that is but, it's useless 'cause it can't be used by the masses. DNAS is gonna be hard to crack for everyone to use, who knows it might never get cracked at all in a way everyone can use it.

4. kracker

kracker Guest

thanks for the info guys,much appreciated. im gonna go ahead and install a on/off toggle switch on the power wire that feeds the modchip! im definetely not taking the whole thing out,thats for sure. the games(DNAS) gave me an ERROR -402 even with the chip in sleep mode with the original games! if i have any luck doing it i will post my results.