1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL games on a NTSC console in full resoultion using a mutlisystem tv

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nrk4594, Sep 4, 2004.

1. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Alright. You live in the U.S. and you want to play PAL games in full resolution. This is what you do.

1)Buy a multisystem tv. These are tv's that accept more than one signal. I recommend www.planetomni.com/Prod_MSTV.shtml for a great selection of multisystem tv's. They are located in the U.S. I would recommend this tv.

[​IMG]

It accepts the PAL and NTSC signals.

www.planetomni.com/MSTV_HTCH_c29-f300_DTL.shtml

The plug for these tv's wont fit into an american electical outlet. So you will need to buy an adapter.

[​IMG]

www.bombayelectronics.com/Transformers/adapters.html

Look at the first entry - "Plug for USA". This is what it looks like. Just insert the plug of the multisystem tv into the adapter and then you will be able to plug the tv into the american wall socket. As you see it's only $.99. The one I saw at Radio Shack was like $4.99 or something.

Then just hook up the red, white, and yellow video cables from your usa ps2 into the multisystem tv. Select PAL as the video signal when playing PAL games or NTSC when playing NTSC games.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. pdug

pdug Member

Am I missing something? I thought all new televisions would accept both PAL and NTSC signals.

3. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Not in the United States. Not that I'm aware of. My brother just bought 2 new tv's and neither of them accept the PAL signal.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

thats funny... since i DO live in the US.. i own 3 tv sets they all play PAL from seme weird reason eh?... lol ;-) METZ 14" JVC 21" SONY 25"

5. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

My brother just got an RCA and Toshiba and they don't. Where did you get your's Cyprien?

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

from this electronics shop i forgot its name... it was like year or so when i got my tvs lol... ill check the name later on... if you in nyc you might find it yourself...

7. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

P.C. Richard and Son ?