1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL Games on NTSC PS2 Console

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kirhan, Aug 23, 2004.

1. kirhan

kirhan Member

Hi, I wanna know how to use PAL Games because i used Adr Patcher and the game play in my ps2 but there is a black line on the top of the screen and it miss like one inch on the bottom. Can someone help me for this one?? Thanks

2. Laike

Laike Member

not all games will work on a generic patcher. You'll hafta live with it, or find a specialized patch

3. dark_in

dark_in Regular member

Do a search, theres a recent thread about this. Gameshark and AR can be used to make codes so you can see the whole game. Or just use adr like you did, or a y-fix patch. If you can, look for a patch for your specific game. PAL to NTSC will not fit completely on the screen if you use adr or a y-fix patch.

4. kirhan

kirhan Member

I tried to find I site but I didn't find it. I need a patch to center Arc the lad from PAL to NTSC. So if someone knows where I can find it. I will be grateful to him. Thanks

5. dark_in

dark_in Regular member

try www.megagames.com or www.alucard.cc they might have that specific patch for arc the lad. good luck.

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

The full screen wont be displayed when you patch from PAL to NTSC. The screen will be moved down a little and to the right a little. You can perform a y-fix, that will move the screen up, and an x-fix, that will move the screen left. Check out this topic for more on how to perform y-fix and x-fix.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99509

You're best bet is to buy a tv that accepts the PAL and NTSC signal.

This should work for you:

www.planetomni.com/MSTV_SONY_kv-xr29m80_DTL.shtml

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004