1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. bossplaya

bossplaya Guest

I know how to use bin/cue files. My ? is that it's a pal version and i will need to patch it somehow to run on my ps2 and tv. But I need to know how to make it into an iso file.

Nevermind I forgot that Alcohol 120% could make it into an iso file thanks Titof301!! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2004
  2. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

Titof did u download the getaway from there
    im downloading MGS3 from there right now
    will it work?? does it come iin a .ISO????

3. bossplaya

bossplaya Guest

Yes The Getaway Black Monday is in an iso file already. I can't get this gooddamn Garfield cd rom disc to work though. Made it into an iso file using Alcohol 120% and then patched it just fine but for some reason it will not load after swaping discs. Damnit I guess I'll just give up. Ruin to discs but they were just cds not dvds so I'm out 2 bucks. Oh and I use suprnova.org alot but have been using http://www.torrentbits.org for awhile now and even though they don't have as many files as suprnova I like it alot better.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

bossplaya,

The program will accept iso or bin files. The success rate isn't 100%. There have been games that wont work. I'll edit my first post to start a list of games that wont work.

Titof301,

The program had no result for the PAL2NTSC code, so I don't see how you could patch it with this method.

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  5. bossplaya

bossplaya Guest

Hey thanks for the update man. But did you make an iso or did you try using just the bin file??? Just curious I probably won't try to burn it again but you never know.

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

I just got Garield and it works. Here's how you do it:

1)Unarchive the winrar archive. You will be left with 2 files, cfn-gar.bin and cfn-gar.cue.

2)Run ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe

3)Click Browse and select the cfn-gar.bin file.

4)Select a Y-Fix offset of 48 and have Make PN Selector unchecked.

5)Click Patch File

6)Run Burnatonce. It is a free download available here: http://62.253.162.11/burnatonce/42/bao0995.exe

7)Select File-->Load New Image and select the cfn-gar.cue file.

8)Select Write and burn to cd-r.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  7. g-funk

g-funk Member

I just tried converting F1 2004 from PAL to NTSC. Everything seemed to work fine during ripping, patching and burning, but the game won't boot.

After the post about burnatonce, i'm a little suspicious of DVD decrypter's writing abilities. Is there a possibility that another program would work better? I've used Nero successfully for other games.

8. mieanna

mieanna Member

HI I NEED HELP, i am new at this and i dl a game and it came in an .rar file...therefore i used win rar to extract it and it extract to an iso file, then i burned it with nero to a dvd. the game works but skips a lot, it's hard to even play it!!! I see that you are all talking about patching i was wondering if i do that would that fix up the skips plz explain this to me and hopefully you can give me so help if that is not the case. thankyou so much for your time.

9. MrAmos

MrAmos Member

nrk4594

thats a negative bro
    both patching programs adr_patcher0_5.zip & ps2_ntsc2pal_yfix.zip dont work for Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater_USA_PS2DVD-STRiKE
    any other proggies u know of that maybe work

thanks for ur time fella

10. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

g-funk,

I'll get back to you on that game. I have it. I'll patch it later on today to see if it works for me.

mieanna,

Is the game in black and white? If the game is not in black and white and it skips a lot, it could mean that your using low quality dvd-r's or that you are burning at too high of a speed.

If the game displays black and white on your screen, then that means that the game is from another region and you should patch it. What country are you from?

MrAmos,
    You might want to get a dms modchip. You wont need to patch anything. It has a feature to automatically convert the signal to/from NTSC and perform a Y-Fix.

11. mieanna

mieanna Member

nrk 4594
    i am burning it at 2x but the dvd-r is pretty cheap, that maybe why. No i don't see any black and white i guess i must of been confused with that. I thought patching was to fix errors...sowie bout that. I live in canada...does that make a difference with the pal/ntsc?? thxs so much i'll try a better quality dvd next time.

12. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

The Following countries use the NTSC signal

[​IMG]

Since you live in Canada, your tv uses the NTSC signal. It should state in the title of the torrent file whether it is PAL or not. You only need to patch games that are in PAL. Some PAL games, however, have an option of displaying the NTSC signal. It depends on the game.

If I were you, I would stick with TDK or Verbatim dvd-r discs. They have never given me any problems.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  13. Titof301

Titof301 Member

ok nrk, so i supposed that my game doesn't work like these you put in your first post

thanks for all the help

14. TheKidd30

TheKidd30 Member

When I use the ps2_pal program, I get a MDS file instead of an ISO, is there something I'm doing wrong

15. TheKidd30

TheKidd30 Member

When I use the ps2_pal program, I get a MDS file instead of an ISO, is there something I'm doing wrong

16. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Titof301,

Why don't you get the USA version? It's still seeded pretty well.

TheKidd30,

The program only supports iso/bin files. However, when you create the iso with dvd decrypter, it will also create a .mds file. It is a cuesheet for the iso file. You can burn either the .mds or the .iso file after the game is patched.

17. mieanna

mieanna Member

nr4594
    sowie to bother you again, before i read your last msg i burnt need 4 speed underground and it was in pal, so now i see black and white...guess i was meant to be in this forum...anyways i followed your instructions in the beginning of patching the iso to ntsc and everything went well and with a better quality dvd. instead of using dvd decriptor i used alcohol and burnt at 2x, but when i load the game it freezes right after the playstation logo and stays that way...wat should i do???

18. mieanna

mieanna Member

also i see you mentioning about different modchip can actually have a setting to switch between ntsc and pal. i dunno wat my modchip is but it is solder rite into my ps and i dun need a game shark to boot burnt games i just have to reset the ps2, do u know if i have the same modchip where you can switch the modes??? another question as well how would you know if the game that is downloaded if it is in pal or ntsc if it doesn't give the info in the title??? thxs for your time^^

19. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Some games don't work with the patcher. You can try the adr patcher that I talked about eariler.

As far as your modchip, did buy your's pre-modded, or did you modify it yourself? Where did you get it? It could be one of several, I'm not sure.

You can put your game into your dvd drive. Look for an slus or sles file. SLUS will be a USA release and SLES will be a PAL release. If you have downloaded the game and you don't want to burn the disc just to tell if it's PAL or not, just extract the iso (or bin/cue files) from the winrar archive and use isobuster to look at the files contained in the image.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  20. Titof301

Titof301 Member

yes the ntsc version but... it's because i'm a quebecois, so i prefered to have the game in french because it's more easy for me to understand the games but, having the game in english is better than not lol

yeah i'm gonna take it, they seem to be good again like you said