1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I tried it, it didn't work. My TV cant display the signal. Any ideas?

2. tkarman

tkarman Member

Game: The Urbz - Sims in the City
    Patcher: ADR
    Outcome: Success!!! :)

3. BOW07108

BOW07108 Member

Ok this is very confusing. Now I just bought Graffiti Kingdom from this guy in France, and he said it was NTSC form but it's PAL...now I can't play it...I want to buy a converter but I don't know if I need a NTSC-PAL or a PAL-NTSC to play it...It's a PAL format game that I want to play on my NTSC PS2 Slim, and my monitor is actually the screen for an old Commodor 64, been using it for my game systems since 1999. But can anyone answer this please? I am sure you all understand spending 40$ for a game and being ripped off is aggravating...

4. Modmom

Modmom Member

Can anyone tell me how to select 60hz on Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters?

5. BOW07108

BOW07108 Member

Ya and that too, I heard you could change that 60hz thing to 50hz...but I've been scanning my PS2 without luck. I thought the option was only on older models (I have a slim) so I checked my friend's...still no luck...so how do you change that?

6. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

I wanted too know if you figured it out how tooplay the pal games on the ntsc tv well i have i patched the game loaded it in fmcb and esr booted it up and the reason it not in b/w its because I switched the cable so its the AV cable playing the game now and works.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. jqmustang

jqmustang Member

Ive tried several different things and have not had anything work for the singstar PAL games. MY ps2 is modded so the problem lies on the TV(ntsc). If I convert it, it gets out of sync and is unplayable. I ordered a pal to ntsc converter off ebay, hopefully that works. Has anyone tried connecting thier ps2 to a tv that can be used as a monitor? my tv has that capability. Anyone think that can solve my issue?

8. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

I actually use my computer as a tv and use a program from an external usb tv tuner so when i plugged in the av cord the pal games work and ntsc I am having problems with or until I get my new swap magic dvd disk this week I wont know.

also I wanted too know when you guys patch the game or if you patch and use ESR.

The problem I have is when I use the patch it converts it too a dvd with audio and video ts folders on it so I want too know if iM DOIng something wrong or what.

9. yamyfz

yamyfz Member

you need a hd tv and component cables the red green blue

10. chachamia

chachamia Member

The PAL PS2 that I bought off of ebay.co.uk has finally arrived from the UK. It took a while to get to me. This is the auction I had won. Now I'm waiting on my Bollywood Singstar to arrive.

Like I said earlier, I have a multifunction TV at home (a nice 29" Sony Wega we bought almost 10 years ago). What sucks is that it seems from looking at this thread that it will be hard to use this PAL PS2 with NTSC TVs so taking it with me when I travel to family events is out.

I'm not even sure what I was asking lol. So, don't worry about it I guess.

11. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

I need too know how unpatch the y-fix I think I patched some iso's that were not pal.

12. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Is there a patch to play ps2 games with the sles code on usb advance.

Never mind I answered my own question nd other.
    ]
    So if you have a patched ps2 game thats patched 2 times leave it and it should load on usb advance my sles underworld did.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  13. DTVspy

DTVspy Member

Mortal Kombat - on the hertz screen during start up
    press down once then x

James Bond Quantum of Solace - on hertz screen during start up
    press down once the press x

14. goldsound

goldsound Member

Hey, I've done everything up to the Patching Part. Whenever I try to browse and open the file it says it is in use by another program or it is read only. I've checked to make sure it isn't read only and I've also restarted my computer to make sure it isn't being used by another program. I took out the disk (DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3) even and it still comes up with that message. Help!!!

15. goldsound

goldsound Member

Now it just says the File Type is Read Only. I've gone inside the files too and made sure that it isn't.

16. goldsound

goldsound Member

No nevermind I was using NTSC 2 Pal before so now it's gone back to it's opened by another program or it is Read Only

17. yamyfz

yamyfz Member

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  18. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Probably a simple question ^_^ I have a EUR PAL version of Kingdom Hearts . I want to change the language to Spanish. Is this possible? Most EUR games have 5 languages right? Thanks!

19. anubis965

anubis965 Guest

First time here so here's the scoop. I recently purchased a copy of Altered Beast for PS2 and when it came I found it was in PAL format. Can anyone tell me how to get this working on a NTSC PS2 machine?

20. geeshou

geeshou Member

Alright I know this might have been gone over a lot of times, but I seriously need help. I want to patch Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5 to be NTSC compatible. First of all, is there an option on the game disc that changes it to 60hz? If not, what patching method should I use? ADR patcher or the other PAL NTSC beta thingy lol? Finally, do I need a modded PS2 to play the burnt game? If I do, is there a way I can play this game without having to mod my PS2? I don't wanna mess with that. Finally, what would happen if I just put the PAL game in my NTSC system? Would it play?