1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Pal2 DVD on my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BARRYPC, Apr 1, 2007.

1. BARRYPC

BARRYPC Member

I recently purchased a Playstation 2 however when I have tried to play PAL2 DVD it fails to read the disk, it hase read a dvd which doen't specifiy it's pal format.

The consol id is scph-77003

Is there a fix which can be applied to allow my playstation to read PAL 2?

2. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

i m guessing ur in usa or somewhere that is all ntsc ?

i think swap magic may help. i dunno 4 sure.

u can allways rip to comp and convert pal dvd to ntsc then re-burn to dvd.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If you are talking about a game then you have several options. Swap Magic or a good modchip

If you are talking about movies then the only thing that can do that is a region free movie program like http://uk.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=£&r=1&l=1&ProdID=3

I have DVD RegionX for my Xbox and it works great, but you can still run into a problem with your TV not supporting both formats and not playing them.

4. cub57

cub57 Member

HI,
    Sorry to say that US/Canadian NTSC ps2's don't support PAL system.
    This 'problem' has been going on nearly 7 years now.
    Best to convert the DVD.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  5. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

do u think the problem is Region code ? or that the ps2 cant play PAL format ?

dunno if swap magic will let it play PAL format. maybe homebrew like reality or sms media player might help ??maybe??

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Swap Magic is used to play games from other regions, not movies. And with it your PS2 will play PAL games (well swap magic and one other small mod)

As far as movies there are more factors then just the PS2. There is also the TV and if it will support it. You can try the homebrew players and see, but if they do not mention region free then they will not help you. Truthfully, it would be easier just to get the correct verion for your region (if they make it) then buying special programs only to find out your TV will not support it anyway. That or there are a lot of DVD players that you can buy these days, and find information on the internet that will allow you to unlock the region so it will play all regions. It is a simple settings change in most cases.