1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PS1 Backups on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Jlhfit, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I know it maybe in this forum somewhere, but I couldnt find it. Can someone tell is I can "Backup" PS1 games to play on my PS2? And if so do I need a Game Shark or can I just use my flip top/swap disc?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I know gameshark v2 or before should work playing ps1 backups on your ps2.

3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

oh ok, thanks!

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

Can you store PS1 games on your PS2 hd?

the same way you store PS2 games?

5. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Actually I dont have a HDD for my PS2 yet. I plan on getting one. See I was a long time "Nintendo loyaltist" since the first system hit the shelves. Then I played my friend PS2 and was hooked, so now I am looking up everything possible on mod'ing my PS2. Dont get me wrong I still love Nintendo but PS is great.
    Ok with that said another question. With a HDD drive can I store my PS2 games from a backup or original on to the drive to play without loading? I know these maybe stupid ?s but I'm new to all this. I was living in the Jungles of Africa with my Ape family, until some hunters stolen me, oh wait that was a movie I was watching earlier.

6. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

You can also use a disc called Breaker Pro to play PS1 Backups on PS2. You can store the PS2 games to the hard drive and it will take loading times down on many games though some games may be incompatible with the hard drive loader list here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/casey.miller/HD Loader Compatibility.htm

If you were going to install backups to the hard drive a modchip would be required or you may connect your hard drive to your pc and use programs to install directly to the hard drive. I also believe there is some method with using the Swap Magic Disc to install your backups from you PS2 but I just use the PC much faster.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  7. dud0r

dud0r Member

i thought the mc exploit could be used for it aswell.

8. superstui

superstui Regular member

tell me more about breaker pro

9. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Can a back be loaded from a back up? Example; back up of breaker pro, load a back up of a ps game.
    I know Swap Magic is pressed, is Breaker Pro?

10. superstui

superstui Regular member

to answer my own question...No you can't store PS1 games onto your PS2 Hd.

11. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

Breaker Pro also has to be brought like the Swap Magic Disc. Though you might be able to boot a backup of Breaker Pro with Swap Magic though I'm not sure on this.

12. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

A simple suggestion would be to use the original game with HD LOADER or HD ADVANCE to load onto the hard drive. You could also buy the software instead of trying to back it up (sounds like you dont own it = piracy). Support the people who make the programs to allow you to "back up" your games. But REMEMBER, you cannot "back up" a game and sell/get rid of the original, without destroying/get rid of the "back up". I dont know, you seem like you dont have the originals to your back ups, since you want to use backups of both games and software.

13. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

No I dont own a copy of HD Loader, I was reading in other threads and someone was trying to give instructions on where to get it. I was just wondering cause I actually buy my equipment. Trust me I've spent alot of money on my gaming. I will be buying HD Loader, but I'm trying to find out if that is what I need in order to take my original games, place them on my hard drive and play them from there without using the disc everytime.

14. superstui

superstui Regular member

Jlhfit
    that's is exactly what Hd loader does.
    you will have to put the hd loader disk in every time you wanna play the hd though.

I think hd loaders are sold out all over.