1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PS2 backups with regards to a PAL System..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lincolnt, Jul 7, 2003.

1. lincolnt

lincolnt Guest

Hi People, I have just started backing up my PS2 games and was just about to order a fliptop and swap magic. I now understand that this will only work on non PAL PS2's. SO i would just like to get advice from someone who has a PAL system what the best way to go is ???? thanks in advance..

2. gub

gub Member

hi i have swap magic 2 and a fliptop on a pal ps2 not having too many probs alot of stuff works but some doesnt i jus put it down to me being new to this and not burning things right

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  3. lincolnt

lincolnt Guest

hey cheers for your help gub.. this is probably going to sound stupid but i don't know any better.. Are the games you are backing up listed as PAL as well ? Just want to make sure everything works well before ordering the fliptop / swap magic.. also did you get yours through modchip.com ? cheers

4. gub

gub Member

im getting pal and ntsc games (usa+jap)to load
    i got my kit from www.divineo.co.uk 40quid for fliptop and swapmagic 2 although i did have to adjust my ps2 laser to read my cdrs only tried 1 dvdr that didnt work and at upto 3quid a blank im sticking to cheap cdrs

Last edited: Jul 8, 2003
  5. TL0

TL0 Member

If i were you lincolnt,
    forget the whole bother of swap-magic/flip-top with it's incompatability problems & get yourself a full-soldered mod-chip like the messiah2, this plays everything with no problems on PAL PS2. Just put your backups/original imports into your PS2 & play. If you want the name of a reliable bloke in the UK to sort you out with the modification, i'll give you his contact details. Cost is around £65, but well worth the extra in the long run personally.