1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PS2 games on a Harddrive on PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Christos, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Christos

Christos Member

Hi,

I was talking with someone the other day and they told me they knew someone that had placed their PS2 games on an external harddrive and managed to play them on their PS3. Now, I am wondering if this is true and possible? If so, how difficult is this to do because I am considering purchasing a PS3 in the near future. My PS2 has just died recently and I was hoping to replace it with a PS3, but still be able to play my burnt games on it which doesn't seem possible just yet as there is no mod chips available.

And I apologise if this has been posted before or is just an ignorant post. Any help would be much appriciated.

Kind Regards,
    Christos.

2. bopran

bopran Guest

Ive not heard of this being done, i dont think its possible, but find that person again and find out how and report back.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

The only thing i could think of is doing the old MC exploit, by putting in the trigger disc and launching a HDD Loader ELF file and then loading games off the external HDD. Everything there is free except the HDD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  4. Christos

Christos Member

I would be willing to buy a HDD if it did work. I'll try and get in contact with that person again and ask how they did it. I'm hoping it's true.

5. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Its complete crap, if it was possible the info would be all over the net by now.
    You can copy PS2/PS3 games to the HDD but theres still no way to play them yet.