1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PS2 on LCD Moniter. Latency

Discussion in 'PS2' started by donnyten, Jan 23, 2007.

1. donnyten

donnyten Guest

greetings

Let me preface this by saying that I'd like to Play ps2 games on my LCD comp. moniter *duh right?*

I have an external hauppage USB 2.0 Tv tuner with RCA inputs, but theres like three secs worth of latency from the time i push a button to the time my command is recieved. Someone said that getting a PCi based TV tuner and just hooking my ps2 up with an RFU adapter shouldnt give me any problems... before i invest in anything low quality or overpricy i thought it would be a good idea that i visit this lovely community to inquire about the matter..

Thanks!

2. skator360

skator360 Member

hey man whats up. the reason its so slow is because its runnin through the USB port. I have a pretty decent set up on my laptop. I have an AVerMedia Cardbus MCE card. That is basically a tv tuner that plugs into the PCMCIA slot on the laptop, and allows me to plug my ps2 AV cables into the card and play them on the lcd screen. I know your workin with a desktop so in my opinion i'd say a PCI TV tuner is your best bet. Good Luck.