1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing ps2 online with back-ups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by max_cain, Sep 28, 2004.

1. max_cain

max_cain Guest

im about to get bradband and a network adpater and wish to play ps2 online.

can someone please tell me how i can play my back-ups online?

thanks guys

edit: i have a v9 or v10 with a ripper 2 gold

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  2. max_cain

max_cain Guest

bump

help, someone? please?

3. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

bump, its been answered about a billion times.
    you need to patch the iso before you burn it.

4. max_cain

max_cain Guest

could you please link me to a guide that tells me how to patch the iso? i have no idea how to do it.

i have a ripper 2 gold, v9 console

thanks

5. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

6. amd787

amd787 Guest

Hi my name theo im new to this forum i just bought ps2 network adapter right and i am currently reciving this DNAS(-402)error somet cant read disc right and i know 4 a fact it not the laser or antthing so what is it i have a modchip magic3 ps2v7 right so can some 1 plz help me if they can anytime used will be greatly appreciated thx..

7. max_cain

max_cain Guest

i *did* search and couldnt find anything.

and speaking of lazy, how lazy are you? like it was a huge effort for you to post that link, i dont know you managed it.

dont be rude man, chill out and ditch the god complex.

but thank you for the link, its all i wanted.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

To those of you trying to play backups online, you cannot play online with an active noswap modchip running. DNAS 402 error is the error you get when a modchip is detected. Power on your PS2 with the modchip in sleep mode to play online.

9. max_cain

max_cain Guest

>>To those of you trying to play backups online, you cannot play online with an active noswap modchip running<<

apparently you can, lots of people do it.

>>Power on your PS2 with the modchip in sleep mode to play online.<<

yeah, but then you have to use an original copy cause if the chips in sleep mode back-ups wont play, which is the whole point; being able to play back-ups online

10. pstwo

pstwo Guest

hello

I have a few back up disks for the ps2 and want to play them online..I have heard that if you go online with a back up copy you can get banned forever...

is this true? we use the swap magic disks to play back ups .... can you get banned if you use your back ups instead of your original games ?

please e-mail me directly
    monicalabranche@comcast.net

11. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

Does anyone play backups online using a DMS3 mod. Thinking of DNAS patching my games just in case I someday want to play online.

As far as I know, if you have the original copy, you shouldnt get banned from online by using a backup because you are the only one that has the DNAS coded game (the code is one of a kind). If you dont have the original, and you go online, you risk the possibility that someone who HAS the original will go online and you will both be banned as two of you have the same code on the game so obviously one of you is a pirate... argghhh matey. Does that answer your question.

12. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

But what you all been saying don't make any sense. If you can get your pirated games playing online, how the heck will you get banned from doing that? The point is your ability to play online results from the server being fooled to think that your pirated game is the original one. So if saying that some day the server will find out that your game is nto the original one is like 1/1000. Well at least you can play for at least 1000 times or less.
    I say win the game fast as you can. Hahaha

13. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

But what you all been saying don't make any sense. If you can get your pirated games playing online, how the heck will you get banned from doing that? The point is your ability to play online results from the server being fooled to think that your pirated game is the original one. So if saying that some day the server will find out that your game is nto the original one is like 1/1000. Well at least you can play for at least 1000 times or less.
    I say win the game fast as you can. Hahaha

14. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Sorry i posted twice, i clicked it the button again cause ithought it didnt go through.

15. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

If u use an id from an original u own, U WoNt get BaNnEd. Because only u have that unique ID.

16. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

True. I subscribe to gameznflix.com, so everytime i get their games, i always put the original ID in it. I guess if other ppl do this too, we both will get banned, since two original ids are being used. Poor me