1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing psp games on memory stick with ANY firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by OOGAWOOGA, Jun 20, 2007.

1. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

hello, ive been wondering if it is possible to play psp umd games on memory stick with ANY firmware such as the latest 3.5... i dont know if this is true, but my friend says it is possible and that he does it with his version 3.4, he says that there are certain files u drag out or something like that to make it work......anyone familiar with this method? hope someone can help, =]

2. attias6

attias6 Guest

The only way to play downloaded games on your PSP is by torrents which ONLY work on 1.50 with DevHook OR a costom firmware.

3. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

actually, you can download games from your umd disc to your psp's memory stick and play it off of the memory stick, however to do that, you must have ver 1.5 or custom firmware.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yes you can on any firmware but you need a modchip. Or if you have version 3.03 or under you can downgrade and update to custom firmware for free. Your friend sounds pretty stupid because that's not true you can't just drag a couple files and suddenly have the ability to play custom firmware.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

My bad double post

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  6. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

I FREEKIN KNEW IT, god damn, such an bumhole i swear, funny thing is i was stupid enough to go from 2.82 to 3.5 because he said that FOR SURE it will work, so i believed him.... man ill never trust him ever again, bullshitted me and now i have to wait till the 3.5 downgrader is out.... well thanks guys... if you have any alternative ideas, please share, thanks,

p.s these forums are better than the one i go to help for on psp-hacks.com

edit- **i'll make sure my language doesn't get any worse**

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
  7. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

haha good luck with that one, although there may be a 3.5 downgrader in the future, the current one doesnt even support anything above 3.03. my advice, trade your psp with a new one that has firmware 3.03 or lower. or alternatively, get a mod chip, but if you are going to spend that much money, might as well buy another psp.

8. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

hmm, if u were to estimate, when do u think 3.5 downloader will come out? and i doubt anyone would trade me since my wi-fi button broke lol, but the internet still works

9. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

@OOGAWOOGA

mMm id say a while, at least 2 months? although i could be wrong. its just i think the psp community is focusing more on hacking new firmware to make custom firmware. although, as time goes on, there will be a downgrader. i dont think itll be anytime soon though (soon like the next 3 weeks)

10. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

nice, 3 weeks doesnt sound too bad

11. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

LOL where do you guys get this info from?? Sony patched the firmware big time, there is not going to be a downgrade for 3.10 + for a very long while. The only possible exploit that popped up a couple weeks ago ended up being nothing, so dont bank on anything soon. If something surfaced in two months I would be extremely surprised.

12. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

Agree with the person above me :D

Point is that they have yet been able to find a working downgrader solution for version 3.10 and all the other versions that have come out after that..

So getting in to the firmware of the newer versions is going to be tricky, at this point it again depends on sony screws up a firmware release or some game dev screws up and leaving a open "call" to the firmware in there product...

13. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

haha i retract my statement then. i kinda lost in touch with the whole firmware thing for a while now, when i last followed it, firmware downgrader came out like pretty fast.

my bad ^_^" sorry for getting your hopes up OOGAWOOGA

14. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

No worries, Sony incorporated some heavy duty encrypted .elf's into the new firmware. I am not a programmer, but from what I hear it is extremely hard to crack the new encryption. Would be sick if it was cracked, dont get your hopes up though.

15. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

@OOGAWOOGA

if you are interested, the 3.5 downgrader is out!!!!!!

16. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Yup, it's out on www.neubz.eu/download.thm

17. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Lol, stang. Don't be embarrassed. I was a die hard believer that 2.8 would never be hacked for a similar reason. A couple days after ranting and telling everyone so on QJ, Ookm had to show me up... I cried for weeks.

18. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Why would I be embarrassed?? Noobz found an exploit in lumines, not the firmware itself. It is not like a had a hard on while giving a speech or something!

19. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Good point; I only used the word embarrassed for lack of a better term. It was three in the morning when I posted the other message, even though I'm not quite sure why, and I wasn't thinking straight.

20. svtstang

svtstang Regular member