1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Snes and other emulators on 3.02 oe-B

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by nocangolf, Feb 15, 2007.

1. nocangolf

nocangolf Member

OK, so I finally worked up enough grapes to downgrade my TA-082 V.2.71 to V.1.5 and then up to 3.02 oe-b. My question is: is there a tutorial of some sort for loading emulators on this version, or is it even possible to play emulators on this version? I was lookin to get the SNES emulator. I have done many many searches for this topic, but cannot find any. I noticed when I went to 1.5, I could not play any of the store bought games (you must update the software before playing) but could play them after upgrading to 3.02 oe-b. sorry this is the first time I've done anything like this... just trying to wrap my head around all this. If i read different threads right, I can run Hen-D in this version to emulate the 1.5 version? I go to Hen-D in my photos, and now it says corrupt file...

I'm just looking to play some old school games on my PSP without losing the ability to play my store bought games. thanks in advance...

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

first of all you dont need hen-d

just copy the emulator folders (e.g 'snesemu' and 'snesemu%' to the GAME folder on the memstick

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Sorry to correct you, but the homebrew folders have to go to folder GAME150, that you have to create first next to the GAME folder, while keeping the GAME folder. Or you have to go to recovery menue and set the Kernel mode the GAME folder is run in to "currently run in 1.50 kernel".

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

oh yeh ^^ lol i thought he was on 1.5

5. nocangolf

nocangolf Member

WOAH.. thanks for the help.. one thing. I got it to load, got to "load new game" but then it flashes a bunch of lines over and over. do I need to change the video settings?

6. nocangolf

nocangolf Member

OK so I'm confused. I figured out that I need to use the O button. I go to SNES9xTYL, and it's got "data/" faqs/ profiles/ roms/ and saves/, but no games are in there. I will still play with it. I realize this is a retarded question, but if anybody has a simple answer, I'll take it...

7. nocangolf

nocangolf Member

been playing it for a while, and even loaded the NES SNES and SEGA emulator on my psp, but I feel like an idiot. I cannot find the games in the lists. I see the save/ state/ lists and such. but how do I get to the game menus? heh I don't get it

8. nocangolf

nocangolf Member

OK so I guess i need to DL some ROMS to use the emulator with right? now I'm trying to find ROMS. I think they have to be in ISO format. I'll keep diggin around.. and maybe I can just finally answer my own questions.. heh.. any tips would be helpful