1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing snes on ps2 questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by zerosouls, Jan 11, 2005.

1. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ok i messed something up, what i did was drag some .nes snes rom files in the cdgenps2 thing did the editing to the system file and then made a bin image and burned it with nero cd (iso) just draged and burned, do i need to change the settings? or i cant load it with swapmagic cd 3.3? with slide tool? thats what i did was just put in the swap magic cd 3.3 it loaded i swaped pressed x and in about 2 seconds it said valid ps2 disc so any ideas on what im doing wrong? i didnt do the settings to nero because i thought that was for the modchip only or is it ment for swaping and modchip? by the way the instructions i read are here http://snes-station.gamebase.ca/ please help i want to play pac man!!

2. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ok...... this time i put all the roms i wanted like 25 or something into a folder and i draged in the box in cdgenps2 it didnt go on the bottom tho it went on top of the 2 files im supposed to put there so thats not 2 coasters... im getting extremly furusterated here pleae help me, i did not do anything with neros settings to me it appears that the settings are only for when you have a modchip im using swapmagic cd 3.3 and slide tool and it did the exact things my other one did witch was nothing but gave me a invailid ps2 game in about 2 seconds maybe 1.5 so please if you can help me do so

3. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Since you are using swapdisk, you must use the directions for unmodded consoles. Put the files in the order they tell you, Then the roms folders. Yes, the rom folders go to the top of the list, but when you explore the folder youll notice that the roms have a higher LBA # than the first 2 files you put in CDGenPs2. That is whats important. Yes, you MUST fix the LBA, just like the directions state. Also, since you dont have a modchip, you cant have roms with filenames larger than 8 characters, + the file extension. Burn with nero.

4. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

Im using sawp magic 3.3 and just used nero to burn with long file names and it works....

Note: swap magic 3.3 is 4 months old. the instructions on that site are 1 year old.

5. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ok thanks a lot so do i put the roms SMC.'S in just one folder? insted of a whole bunch of folders and then just change the names a bit to fit 8 charaters? then make the bin then burn with out changing neros settings? and then load up with swap magic 3.3?

6. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

one more thing before i burn the image (bin.) does this mean anything " file cannot be opened c:/documents and settings/"my name"/local settings/temp/system.cnf"? i get this when i make the image

7. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

.... and anouther coaster... waht the hell im i doing wrong here? i did everything, i put all the smc's into one folder and )after extracting) then i deaged it to the top of the other 2 and did the number thing and burned with nero one thing i can think of that can be a problem is that i used my dvd burner to burn the cd i dont know if im supposded to or not? any ideas on how to fix this crap?

8. hursty

hursty Active member

are you using pal or ntsc roms

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  9. hursty

hursty Active member

anyone who wants a copy of this snes rom emulator and lives in england.PM me and i will see what i can do.

10. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

no im not, just downloaded from a site i dont know if i can name it so im not going to, but there smc's and they played fine on the computer emulator but nothing happends at all when i put in the cd-r jut says valid ps2 disc what am i doing wrong

11. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

please i want to play!! can someone send me a newbie video or something!!!! i burned it correctly and used the swapmagic cd with slide card is this how?

12. hursty

hursty Active member

give me your address.i will send you a copy,the disc has ALL the snes games you can think of.one 1 disc.
    with regards hursty.
    i might even send you the megadrive emulator.

13. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

darkgithlar@gmail.com for msn thanks a lot man

14. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Hey I have ROMS out the yingyang on my desktop, and it would be great to be able to play them on the ps2.

I tried going to the link in the first post, but it wasn't working for me.

Is this only possible with snes, or can I use other ones like genesis, nes, and more importantly MAME which has some great games on it?

Oh and HURSTY, how would one tell if their Roms are pal or ntsc??

Thanks for any help...

15. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ya, i think of given up on this seems to me i need some way to boot it up in psx format not ps2

16. hursty

hursty Active member

if you have the incorect roms the games will be slow and patchy.
    i tried sending it to zerosouls,but the file is massive.
    we came to the conclusion also,the copy i have is on ps1 format,thus will not work with swapmagic.

17. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

uh, guys....... the snes emulator is a PS2 format game. It just happens to be on a CD instead of DVD, but that does NOT mean its a ps1 format.

The way you can tell is by the screen it boots to when you load it. It clearly says PLAYSTATION 2 on the screen.

If you are having problems booting with swap magic you can always try to use ps2menu for it. Just use your boot disk to get into the mc exploit, then swap the disk with snes_emu.elf on it as well as ALL your roms. Then sleect R1 and go to cdfs. Then look for your snes_emu.elf file and hit X. It will load right in.

If this does not work for you then I dont know. I have never used SM anything. I just made a custom flip top for my brother and he is just reunning the mc exploit like I just said. and it works perfect.

Also note that you should not need to slide card the game into the ps2. SInce at this point it really doesnt care what is in the drive. You should be able to just push the eject button and load it on in.

18. hursty

hursty Active member

@ stinky 1
    i have all the snes roms on one disc,i didnt make it,i bought it,for just £2.
    the problem we intially had is that we thought it was a px1 as my copy loads up the ps1 screen.
    but we came to the conclusion,whoever made the disc,somehow inserted the ps1 text.

19. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

so you are not able to get that version to work? or does it work?

I dont know how it would boot to a PS1 screen on your PS2. The only way it could do that is if somebody changed the boot sequence on the disk to load as like a PS1. But the actual emulator is PS2 coding. SO it doesnt make much sense. If it works like this for you great! If not then let me know and I can tell you how to make it work.

20. hursty

hursty Active member

it works great, but like you said,maybe the guy who made it put the text on.
    with regards hursty