1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing torrents on psp

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by ak47gt, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

i downloaded mvp baseball for my psp from torrentz.it's 260MB.i'm not sure how and where to put the file inside my psp.i tried putting it under the game folder but it does not come up on my psp.should i convert it with psp video 9? please help!

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Put it in your ISO folder (assuming you have CFW) and thats it.

3. rashid11

rashid11 Member

man you must have a custom firmware to put iso games
    if u do make a folder ISO on the root of your memory stick and paste the game there

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

If -ak47gt- has a CFW then there is no need to make a ISO folder. There should already be one.

5. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

i have version 3.40

6. po43292

po43292 Regular member

The official Sony 3.40 or 3.40OE-A? Big difference there.

7. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

I think I have the sony 3.40 but everytime I put a game into the game folder it says it's corrupted.

8. po43292

po43292 Regular member

You need to check out threads here on getting some custom firmware on your PSP. I won't go into huge detail here, the info is on this site and many others. :) Just do some reading and find out what you need to do. It's worth it trust me.

9. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

I have downloaded version 1.50.but I'm sure how to load it on to my psp.It's in a folder called PSPGAMEUPDATEEBOOT.PBP inside my psp.

10. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

sorry to confuse u here but which version is better for playing iso's,1.50 or 3.40OE-A?

11. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if you have sony official firmware 3.40 you will need to downgrade to 1.5 to install a custom firmware

you have two ways to do it or you use the lumines downgrader (to use the lumines downgrader first you need to upgrade to 3.50)

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/537943

or you use the pandora battery
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/553863

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  12. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

How do i downgrade from firmware version 3.50 to 3.11?

13. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

using the lumines downgrader to use this downgrader you need the original umd of lumines,if you dont have the game you can buy it on ebay

see the guide here is the first guide just click in the "show" button
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

or you can downgrade using pandora battery,you can create a Pandora's battery yourself (read the guides from my post above) or you can buy a pandora's battery kit ready to use from ebay

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  14. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

I have version 3.50 on my psp.Now it is better to buy this pandoras battery kit for $55 with a 1GB Memory card or get the Lumines game for $40.If i get the lumines game will I also be able to unbrick my psp?

15. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you can't use lumines to unbrick ,lumines it's only used to run the 3.50 HEN (homebrew enabler) and then downgrade
    after you downgrade the only use you have for lumines is to play the game ,or you can sell the game in ebay

if you buy pandora's battery you will have a kit ready to unbrick your psp in the future if something goes wrong

16. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

thanks for suggestion,now i have a better idea what to go for(pandora's battery)

17. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

Can the pandora battery downgrade my psp version 3.50 to 1.50?all so,can i reuse and reformat the 1GB memory card which comes with this kit after installation?

18. hoip

hoip Regular member

i suggest u buy the one that upgrades to 3.71 m33-2 becoz its easier for you.

u can reformat the memory stick and it would b a normal ms and u can also convert the battery into a normal one but i suggest u dont convert the ms and battery into a normal one because accidents can happen and u mite brick ur psp, so its wise to keep them so that u can unbrick ur psp if an accident happens

19. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

i bought a pandora battery from ebay with a 1GB memory card.How do i install 3.71 m33 after inserting the battery and the mem-card.there;'s noting in side the memory card,it has 970MB of free space.

20. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if you bought a UPMS (Ultimate Pandora's Magic Stick)

you need to

->Insert the UPMS memory stick
    ->Hold down the L trigger button
    ->Insert Pandora battery
    ->Release L trigger button when the Ultimate Loader menu appears
    (If your psp boots to the XMB, it means you didn’t hold the L trigger button down)

this was copied from this guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254