1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing uncompressed BD files on Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by mehta35, Jun 6, 2012.

1. mehta35

mehta35 Member

My friend recently helped me rip my copy of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace with his Blu-ray drive (I don't have one). It is now in a Folder, with 3 sub folders (0012FA, BDMV, CERTIFICATE). I know that I can play the video by playing the largest file in the stream subfolder with VLC, or another media player, but I want to play the movie from an External HD on my blu-ray player. I have plenty of space, so I do not want to compress it in an mkv or any other container. Is there any way for me to watch the full, uncompressed, video with menus and multiple audio tracks from a HD on my blu-ray player? I am trying to preserve my disks in storage by using only media from my HDD.

Could I just add it to an .iso file using daemon tools or poweriso and then put that file on the HD?

Please let me know and feel free to move this to another section if it is in the wrong spot! Thank's for any help!

2. CAGal

CAGal Regular member

What is the brand model of your blu-ray player, and what about your TV? Can you hook your TV up to your HDD? I would be surprised if a TV would read the pure rip, but what type of Blu-ray Player do you have?

3. mehta35

mehta35 Member

Sorry I never saw your reply! I'm sure the TV won't play it, but the Blu-Ray player is an LG BD570. If someone could help me that would be fantastic! I've had a little trouble looking for a simple solution.

4. CAGal

CAGal Regular member

http://www.amazon.com/LG-BD570-Network-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B0036WT1RW

So seems like it would be possible. What files does the manual say the media player supports? Can you read any files that are on your HDD from your Blu-ray Player?