1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing windows movie fies on ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by reddonkey, Apr 4, 2007.

1. reddonkey

reddonkey Member

I have several movies on my pc labeled windows movies for file type, they average 700mb very good quailty and was wondering if theres a way to put them on my 1 gig usb flash drive so i could watch them off it or save it to hd on ps3. I have ydl on ps3 but know jack about it.

Anyone know a simple way to watch these files, either straight plug and play, or files i need to download for ydl?

2. TheBazman

TheBazman Member

Convert them to MPEG4 (or itunes format (H264 I think) and it should play. I have not done it myself so cant confirm but it supports this format. Something like Videora will convert them, drag them on to your USB key and plug into your PS3

3. reddonkey

reddonkey Member

Thanks man, i just downloaded 2 programs winxmedia and mp4 converter, so ima play around with them and see.

4. SilvaJDS

SilvaJDS Regular member

PS3 video 9 , converts yours movies to MP4 whih allows them to play

5. reddonkey

reddonkey Member

I figured it out, so if anyone else ever needs to know, heres what i did.

1) downloaded WinAvI mp4 converter. I sure theres many programs to try, but i liked how i can convert to ipod,and psp files as well, also its easy to use and converted a 700mb file on my computer in about 20mins.

2) Create folder called VIDEO on usb flashdrive or whatever external card you will transfer movies with. I used my 1gb cruser mini usb flashdrive and the format was FAT.

3) drag movie file from computer into VIDEO file on usb, insert into ps3, and there you will find it in the video section on ps3 menu. You can either watch straight from usb drive or copy to folder and store on ps3.

Its a pretty cool feature i think to have with owning a ps3. You can easily store a little library of movies or shows. I tent to tweak up the orginal settings and my 700mb file becomes around 950mb. So you could probally store up to 30 movies.

6. erich4636

erich4636 Guest

im having a problem converting a movie to mpeg-4 using ps3 video 9... i burned a movie to my hard drive and it is currently an iso file... then i tried to convert it to mpeg-4 avc and it will not convert... does anyone know why