1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Xbox 1 backups on Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Murricio, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Murricio

Murricio Member

I've seen many things about this and I am getting a bit confused, I already did the last update to the XBOX 1 list of games, now I wanted to know if I can really play Xbox 1 backups on my 360. Do I have to burn it in a DVD9 or DVD5? And my drive is Samsung...

Thanks!

2. latino209

latino209 Regular member

Why dont you try inserting a xbox 360 disc?? There are also still some games not backward capable yet...

3. Murricio

Murricio Member

Well...the games I want to play are compatible. And what do you mean, inserting a 360 disc?

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you will need to back up the xbox one game the same way you would a 360 game, i have done halo 2 with Xbox back up creator on a DVD-9 and it worked fine. But then i havent tried it since upgrading to the ixtreme firmware.

Just tried it now and it doesnt load on my new firmware and when i check it on XDVDmulleter it says 'iso is zero padded, its probably detectable by microsoft'

so not sure how you'd make them work i'm afraid :-(

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  5. malinki

malinki Regular member

Currently, as stated above, xbox1 backups will NOT run with ixtreme firmware, they are easier to detect than 360 games because of the changes that need to be made to the disc layout for it to work on the 360.

Xbox 1 games are dirt cheap, go spend some cash rather than downloading everything!!!

6. Murricio

Murricio Member

Not here in Brazil, they are still very expensive...

Anyway, thx for the help. I will try burning Fable on a DVD9

7. mikepwns

mikepwns Member

I am having the same problem. I'm even trying to back up the same game! (Fable)

I think what the other people say is it's detectable by Micro$oft on XBOX LIVE.

I dunno what to do, I have tried burning to DVD-5's, but when I inserted into my Xbox 360, it says "the original Xbox game has encountered a problem, and cannot continue."

After this, I have done some research, and supposedly I have to patch the game so it can run with IXtreme firmware.
    If anyone know how to make an original Xbox 1 backup (fable) run on my Xbox 360, reply back to me.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

8. Murricio

Murricio Member

Hm... I dnon't think I have the iXtreme firmware...so can't help you here, sry.

9. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

10. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

I finally got scarface working on my 360 it took 4 DL's But its worth it.It was so simple.
    1. Rip Original with XBC Complete Backup with Sector Mapper Check *8 Minutes Rip*
    2. Burn as XBOX ONE *NOT 360* Use Nero Speed Low 2.4 *40 minutes Burn*

Most important you need 1.2 ixtreme Stealth
    I have a Hitachi V46

Hope this helps.

11. Murricio

Murricio Member

Thnaks. I am searching for a tutorial to install iXtreme 1.2 for my Samsung drive, but its so complicated I am getting worried. I don't want to get banned, I wanna play online! XD