1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing xbox on xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RXV2300, Oct 13, 2007.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Can you play original xbox games on hacked xbox 360?
    I just tried to play original xbox on my hacked xbox360 & it gave me some kind of error message that xbox game can't be played on xbox360, is this normal?

2. ngh802001

ngh802001 Member

i am having the same sort of problem, in trying to play xbox backups on my 360,at first it wouldnt do anything appart from unplayable disc, i went on to the xboxlive site and downloaded the backward compatability update and installed on 360 and it played the disc but now comes up with the message to play this xbox disc put in xbox console????????????

3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Looks like we are both in the same boat........
    After doing some reading , questions & answeres it seems that hacked 360 can't play every xbox box games that are available but only what
    has been listed on their site which is still a big number but definatley not every single xbox.
    I have also update 360 with their backward compability file but it seems that we still need seperate uopdate for ever game listed but this i'm not too sure of.
    Have been told to get those updates you need to be on live but if you read their website it says you vcan eitehr do it live or by downloading the update.