1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing XviD through tv

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by edfreid, Jan 7, 2005.

1. edfreid

edfreid Member

ok, not as simple as that. I'm living in sweden and have a tv that refreshes at 100hz. At first, I could get my screen to show up on the tv, but not play the XviD through the tv (it would only appear on the laptop). Then I realized there was a setting that allowed the 100hz. So, finally, i got my laptop (hp zt3000) to play my Xvid file (looked great on the tv), but after playing it, all the display settings on my laptop seem to be messed around with. I opened settings in display (mobility radeon 9200) and I rearranged a few settings before realizing i'm in over my head!

I'd like to be able to switch back and forth, using my laptop normally, and then connect and disconnect it from the tv to play movie files.

What is the easiest way to permanently set this up?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. edfreid

edfreid Member

whoops! i realize i may have posted to the wrong forum (no playback qu's..) sorry!

3. edfreid

edfreid Member

now, actually, I cannot find the right forum to post in so if anyone has the answers, please...don't hesitate. Thanks.

4. infringer

infringer Member

What I would suggest is considering buying the Phillips 642 from www.walmart.com for like 65 dollars in US currency ...

If you dunnot wish to do that the other solution that works quite well is a 2.4GHZ wireless audio/video transmitter. Can be purchased off of ebay rather cheaply.

If you still dont wish to do this then if you have a playstation2 or an Xbox counsule you can modify that to play divx compatible video.

-infringer-