1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playng a CD game using Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by OW_Angel, Feb 4, 2007.

1. OW_Angel

OW_Angel Member

I've run my backups of DVDs fine using swap magic, how ever when I choose to play any CD game using Swap Magic CD the system spins the disc at a ridiculous speed, it's incredibly loud, a lot louder than I ever thought the motor could get. Is that normal? I'd wager a nice sum it'll wear out the motor a lot faster. Is there anything I can/have to do in order to make it spin at a normal rate for a non backed up CD? Thanks.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Uh, did you try to play a PSX back-up game? If so, then you can't and that could be the reason why it was spinning like so. If that's not the problem, and you tried to play a PS2 CD-based game, then it could be your Swap Magic CD disc is corrupted. When you look at the screen - the Swap Magic loading screen, does it appear fuzzy and such? And btw, what version of Swap Magic are you using? As for the unusual speed of the motor, I only had that problem when the PS2 had trouble reading a disc... though there are other experiences where it would also do that, it eludes me what the other reasons were cause they happen at a non-existent rate.

3. OW_Angel

OW_Angel Member

It's a PS2 CD based game, ICO, Marvel Vs Capcom & others. I've asked around other places and though I haven't gotten a concrete answer, it seems this is normal. I have Swap Magic 3.6.

I ended up converting my CD games to DVD to avoid that god-awful motor sound and it's fine. Certain games won't run though. Contra: Shattered Soldier & Crazy Taxi. So I guess I just need help converting those two games to work and I'll be fine. I'll ask somewhere else. Thanks for the reply though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007