1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plays perfect in DVD players... not at all on computer...

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by g3nius, Mar 5, 2007.

1. g3nius

g3nius Member

noob here! off to a good start but.....

i am using anyDVD and cloneDVD... my movie is perfect quality, no problems burning disc and plays well on various DVD players (with short delay when DVD player is reading) but when i put it in my computer it does not "autoplay" like regular DVDs... actually i can't get it to play at all... when i go to my computer and click on my DVD drive it has two folders, AUDIO_TS (empty) and VIDEO_TS (numerous files)... could it be because i deleted the first title of movie (previews)? is there something in that segment that triggers autoplay? is that why it has a little trouble reading when first put in standalone DVD players also? (it spins kind of fast and then goes to DVD menu)...

thanks in advance...

2. g3nius

g3nius Member

...a little more investigating and i realize that no DVDs "autoplay" anymore (not even originals)... after loading the browser window opens to display DVD content (AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders)... hmmm...right-clicking DVD drive icon, selecting AutoPlay tab and asking it to prompt me to choose action doesn't work... still just opens in browser...

...sorry, this is no longer a cloneDVD problem...

3. club42

club42 Regular member

Hi I'm not going to be any help but good job doing some troubleshooting yourself and posting again with an update. Welcome to AD.

4. g3nius

g3nius Member

...i figured it out... when AnyDVD is running in the taskbar, DVD's do not autoplay... don't know why but simply exiting the program fixes that...

thanks for the warm invite :)... today i successfully copied a DVD on my first attempt... yay!... i'm impressed with the quality...

quick question... my quality bar was at about 75% (after removing previews and all subtitles and languages) and created a good quality movie (my girlfriend didn't even know it was a copy)... on average, what percentage is there noticable quality loses? my quality bar was at 67% before removing previews and i'm just wondering if i could have left them in...

5. club42

club42 Regular member

That depends on the size and type of tv you have. I have a 52 inch lcd projection so 90% is the lowest that I go. But if you have a 36 inch or smaller crt tv then it should be fine to compress that low.