1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 1 & Other Games on my PSP Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by choccy31, Mar 11, 2007.

1. choccy31

choccy31 Member

Hi there,

I have my PSP @ 3.10OE A'(2) firmware and was thinking about playing some playstation 1 games and also other games like SNES etc which I have read about.

I have however, no idea how I get to play these.

Could someone please help me, I am still only a week into owning a PSP.

Thanks

2. mknapper1

mknapper1 Member

go to dl.qj.net for the snes emulator then search google for the roms.... for psx games just search google or get torrents of psp psx eboots and stick those in your games folder boot the psp up and play them from your xmb

3. Rezler

Rezler Member

The emulators are easy enough to get running. Just get the emulators off psp-hacks.com and then google for roms. You just put the emulators in the GAME150 folder on ur psp. If there isn't one there just make it in the PSP folder.

Roms go in the emulator's folder - there should be a folder called ROMS or somethin so its pretty self explanatory.

4. Akalos

Akalos Member

Well I'm having issues with all emulation & homebrew! I downgraded my 2.71 ta-082 to 1.5, then formated my MS. Upgraded to 3.02 OE-A, then formated my MS. Finally upgraded to 3.02 OE-B, but did not reformat my MS this time. I cleaned out all folders but left the game150 behind and cleaned out anything inside it. I then dropped the "RECOVERY" folder from the 3.02 OE-A extract into my "GAME" folder on the MS (i noticed during start up in recovery mode something stating that "to start recovery in psp/game/recovery" and i knew there was nothing inside and the read me didnt mention what to do with this file after extraction). Then I dropped some homebrew games into my "GAME150" folder but i only got the "wolf3d" brew to work the rest we just the "corrupted data" icons. Also I tried running Nestor J by dropping it into my GAME150 folder and still the same thing - corrupted data! I did drop some ROMs into the "NestorJ%" folder in a created folder but still nothing. I read about changing the kernal to 1.50 from the 3.02, which didnt change anything even after i moved the stuff into the "GAME" folder. Can ANYONE point me into the right direction? Did i screw things up by reformating my MS between upgrades? Do i still need to have henD? How do i fix this because Punchout has been calling me for weeks now, not to mention all my psx games!
    Thx in advance.

5. Rezler

Rezler Member

Try upgrading to 3.10oe-a and dont delete the stuff from it. THeres a post somewhere on these forums about what you can delete after the upgrade.

Sorry I cant be of more help!

6. Akalos

Akalos Member

Thanks, I was thinking of upgrading anyway. After I reformated my MS I kinda wished I had not... but it was too late. I actually got the emulators running by using a easy emu installer
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/713
    To use the installer just run the exe and select the PSP drive, what emu you want installed and hit ok - dont go into any subfolders & hit yes to overwrite - @ least thats what i did.

I had to switch my kernal back to 1.50 because i couldnt find my roms - even in the game150 folder. When i looked @ my folders structure on my PSP i realized that you cannot put the emus in subfolders to help organize it. I dont know why I couldnt figure that out before, some times its just so obvious you miss it! The only emu i cant get running with any roms so far is the MAME, but i havent put any time into finding more roms to test. I'll look into 3.10 oe-a (i think they are up to "c" already) but it took me a while to get up the nerve to downgrade and upgrade to Custom FW. i have the NES up now and i'll worry about ISOs later. Thanks again

7. Rezler

Rezler Member

Nice one man. I havent been able to get Mame to run either so I kinda gave up on it. The upgrade to 3.10oe-a is easy. Should give it a go. Think there are installers out there for it somewhere. Might have seen it on psp hacks.