1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playstation 2 flip top

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by night191, May 18, 2007.

1. night191

night191 Member

I was looking at flip tops and noticed was only version 4+
    are there no flip tops for versions 1 , 2 , 3, meaning that if you wanted to use swap magic you'd have to do it using the slide tool?

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Well, personally, I think you're better off buying a more recent version of the older generation of PS2s because from what I've been hearing, the v1~3 has had trouble playing any backup games at all if that was your intent. Even though you may be using quality media you've burnt your games on, the results would typically be the same from what's been said. I suggest you get a premodded PS2, mainly the fatties, versions 5~7. I bet someone could give you a more detailed explanation why, but I'll just be telling you this for now as a precaution before you do decide to get a flip-top for your very ancient PS2.

3. night191

night191 Member

Where did you hear that stuff? I'd like to read what others have said if possible.

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

they may merely be discontinued. and sliding isnt too hard, you get a feel for it. the thing with version 1-3 is that they have older dvd-drives that cannot read dvd+r. they should play whatever you throw at it [minding region, dvd9 games, the quality of the burnt discs, how good the game image is, how old your ps2 is [my friend has a reliably working one from launch], and possible protection]. oh yeah SLIDING DOES NOT HURT YOUR PS2 (unless you are an idiot) [modchip sellers/makers would have you believe otherwise (the swapping part, not the idiocy thing)].

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you dont even need to buy any tools.if you take off the top of your ps2 theres another cover with small screws.just remove the screws and use that to eject the disk.thats wat my friend does wen he borrows my swap magic.