1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 2 format disc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tiny168, Nov 19, 2003.

1. tiny168

tiny168 Member

Please Please help me. I have bought my 6 year old son a TMNT PS2 game from USA. It was delivered today and I have just tried it in our PS2 and it keeps going to a pink screen and asking for "please insert a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 format disc" What is happening???? My little boy has been through so much lately and this is the one thing he wants for xmas, I have even payed the £16.00 tax on it. Please please can you offer some advice???
    Angie

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  2. jbhnrh

jbhnrh Guest

When a PS2 says that it means it can't read the disc. Maybe the disc has been smeared or got a scratch along the outer rim. You may wanna try and clean or look to see if there is a scratch. If there is a scratch I would see into sending the game back for a new one. It may just be a smear though, hard to tell.

3. Matador

Matador Regular member

4. jbhnrh

jbhnrh Guest

Once again, make sure to read ahead. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN YOUR PS2 if its UNDER WARRANTY. I know too many people who lost a great system by not knowing what in the world they were doing.

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I take it by your "£" you have a PAL system? If so, even if it reads the disc it will be all screwy unless you have an adapter (NTSC to PAL changer).

6. andyn1080

andyn1080 Member

the problem is simple...if you live in england or anyother place than the usa you more than likly have a NON-usa ps2....did you get the tmnt from usa? if so it your ps2 wont play it just like if i bought a ps2 game from england it woulnt play in my usa ps2.