1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLAYSTATION 2 GAME COPYING!!!!! HELP ME!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bradikus7, Jan 16, 2005.

1. bradikus7

bradikus7 Member

HI , I AM B-RAD I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO COPY VIDEO GAMES AND LETS YOU PLAY THEM BACK ON YOUR GAME CONSEL WITHOUT A MODCHIP..

IF IT IS NOT!!! WHICH I HOPE IT IS!!!! CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME Y? I MEAN IF WE CAN COPY DVDS AND SWITCH THE FORMAT SO THAT THEY STILL PLAY ON DVD PLAYERS!!!! THE COPIES OF MOVIES I DO EVEN PLAY ON A LOT OF REALLY OLD DVD PLAYERS. MY COPIES EVEN PLAY ON PLAYSTATION 2'S.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PLEASE DONT TYPE IN ALL CAPS
    (its considered shouting)

Any ps2 should blay backup movies yes
    but backing up ps2 games is a little different

To play ps2 backups (without modchip or opening
    your ps2) you will need
    swap magic disks And slidecard or slidetool
    or fliptop here is there website
    http://www.swapmagic3.com

This is what you need to make ps2 backups

DVD Decryptor
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror=0&software_id=298

HERE IS HOW TO COPY AND BURN YOUR BACKUPS

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r 8x 100 pack ( 24.99 )
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IQ1I0/slickdeals/104-0984492-0108766

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

THE MEDIA DOES MATTER as ps2 are picky
    use this as a guide:
    I HAVE NOTED THE MEDIA I USE FOR ALL MY PS2 BACKUPS

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list.
    Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:
    PVC = Pioneer = (-R)(-RW)
    MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Decent discs, though not perfect, about 85-95%
    success rate:

RICOHJPN = Ritek or Ricoh = (+R)
    SONYD04 = Sony = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    PRODISC = Prodisc Media = (+RW)
    INFODISC = Infodisc Media = (+RW)
    RITEKG04 = Ritek = (-R)
    RITEKG03 = Ritek = (-R)
    OPTODISC = Optodisc = (-R)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  3. oxygene

oxygene Guest

Well..you could go the route I did, which would cut the work to burn games/dvd's by a factor of 10.

1) Get a Mac
    2) Get Fast DVD Copy 3.2.1 program (1 click extraction, burning, and optimization)
    3) Buy a LaCie DVD Burner
    4) Buy the cheapest DVD-R media you can find (it'll always work)
    5) Buy Swap Magic 3.3 discs and Slide Tool

That's it. I have never burned a coaster once and everything I've burned since then has been flawless and I've tried almost everything (expensive media, burning on different PC's and burners, etc..) before this. If you just put spend the money for top of the line hardware upfront, then you will have zero compatiblity issues. Sorry to sound like such a mac fanboy, but after all the compatibility issues that I've been through, I have finally found the perfect combination.

4. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

sounds u fucked up cuz i burn with a normal pc, nec 3500 ,quality media and never had 1 problem, i dont believe a mac would make any difference , and if it just make things worse since there is less software and if somebody makes a patch for a ps2 game it aint gonna be for mac..

5. williej

williej Regular member

Get HDAdvance 2.0, a 40gb+ HD and an online network adapter. No modchip required ... and you can take your HD with you ...