1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 on Rear Projection Television

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hutchthis, Dec 13, 2002.

1. hutchthis

hutchthis Member

I want to buy a new tv. I must be able to play video games on it. Hope to get a Magnovox 55" projection. Does anyone have experience/advice about projection tvs and video games. I know in the past it was discouraged. Is it still with newer projection tvs?

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have had 2 big screens over the past 12 years that I used videogame systems on and never had a problem. I also worked at a local arcade and inquired about this and was told there should be no problems as companies now make arcade games with Big Screens. The onle thing he did not advise are playing games that are like Pacman or similar, becuase they tend to have non movable grapics (the pacman and ghosts move but the area does not) which CAN cuase burn-in (when you turn off tv you still see the image on the screen itself). But this can even happen with puasing a movie for an extended period of time. Hope this helps Dexter

3. hutchthis

hutchthis Member

Thanks for the info Dexter. However, I am a pacman fan. I wouldn't play it for 8 hours a day, but I may sit down and play it occasionally for a couple of hours. Would that be a problem?

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

No it should not, as I have played myself with no problems.

5. underburn

underburn Guest

I've got a panasonic rear projection screen tv and I was told to lower the contrast level as this is what can cause screen burn. I play on my PS2 constantly and haven't experienced any side affects sofar.

6. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

hey guys...I also have a projection screen tv...and i bought an S-video cable. Will that be alright to use on my projection TV?

7. billz

billz Active member

yes,should improve picture

8. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

yes, but, is it safe for my projection tv?

9. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

of course, why wouldnt it be? I had a 53" sony projection tv for years running mario cart and all kinds of bright colored n64 games, they all worked fine...i also ran s-video from my dvd player and my computer...its all good. S-Video is for the past dude! Im all about the blue green and red!!! Cuz now ive got a 61" sony lcd hdtv widescreen :-D

10. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

WOW Cool! thanks for the info man! I asked because I just received DDRMAX in the mail with two dance pads, and my whole family want in on it..hee hee..Thanks again guys! : )