1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 problem, no sound and no picture, 3.1 v7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MrToast, Jan 20, 2004.

1. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Hello, just wanted to pass along what just happened to me in case it might help others. I installed a magic 3.1 and clip in a version 7 ps2 and after a couple months went by the chip stopped working. I took it out and then the unit worked fine but had no sound and no picture. I did some searches and found that the bios clip on the magic 3.1 clip was the problem. When its pressed on the wrong way it can somehow loosen the bios chip and cause this problem. The solution was to heat up each pin of the bios chip to re-seat them to the main board. I also heated up the pins on the AV output box and all is working 100% now. An easy fix for what I thought was a lost cause. Hope it might help others with the same problem.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Get rid of the clip toastmeister - nothing but problems there.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if thats what i think it is.... i had this p4 mobo in my pc and it had this brown square clip and you had this bios chip to fit in... and guess what the damn thing broke and i had to buy me a new mobo for pc lol... NEVER EVER get a thing as evil as that... buy a mobo or a chip with the chips fitted on the board of the chip itself...

4. MrToast

MrToast Guest

yeah, figured that out Brad. thanks.

5. MrToast

MrToast Guest

this seems to be a problem that many people have. Im glad I could help